[59] Surprise

"Papa, I didn't hear you come in."

"The door was unlocked, I was just coming to see how you are, check how things are with Enzo's case."

After everything that went down with Enzo and the amount of hurt I feel I decided not to tell my family about the wedding being canceled and the pregnancy, the only people who know are Charlotte and Andre who haven't told anyone at my request.

"Uh Papa there is something that I need to talk to you about, but if you don't mind I'd like to tell Mama as well, and the rest of the family, it'll be easier that way."

"Sound serious Mia."

"It is Papa"

"Alright, well I'll arrange for dinner tonight at the house."

"I'll be there."

"I'll be on my way then." He leaves the house.

"Are you sure you want to do this Sis? Once everyone knows you can't take it back, don't you want to at least speak to Enzo again first?"

"I don't think there is much more to say. I mean everything is already canceled, wait why, did he say something to you?"

"Just for you to look after yourself and for me to keep an eye on you and he did what he had to do." 

"He did what he had to do?" I raise brow

"He thinks this is just going to keep happening even if you get him out sis, he doesn't see an end." 

"Oh so he chooses to end our relationship?" I scoff "Whatever his thoughts or reasoning, he can't take back the things he said. He said he doesn't love me Dre, that he doesn't want any children with me and he's glad it never happened, how am I meant to feel about that when I'm already carrying his child?" 

"Hey, calm down, I wasn't having a go at you, you're allowed to feel upset and angry and hurt, I just mean that when you tell everyone it's out in the open and if the two of you were ever to come back together at some point down the track people wouldn't be able to look at him the same, hell I can't." 

"I understand what you're saying." I nod "I guess I have another story to make up and another lie to tell right?"

"That's not what I'm saying." He sighs 

"As long as you'll be there, I'll be okay." I give him a small smile 

"I've got your back Sis." he squeezes my hand. 

... 

I arrive at my family home twenty minutes late as I'd been caught up in Enzo's file and getting it together. When I arrive everyone else is already here. I suppose I should be feeling really nervous about all of this, but I'm okay if I've learned one thing with everything I've gone through it's that you'll always feel better once you've told the truth. 

I make my way into the kitchen/dining area, where everyone is getting a plate ready for dinner and announce myself "Hey, sorry I'm late I got stuck on Enzo's file." I give them a soft smile. 

"No worries Honey, come and grab some food and have a seat" Mum smiles

Once we all have our food and are sitting at the table I look around at everyone in the room. There is a lot of us here, but we have a big family so I suppose that's normal and now all of us have a partner or husband or wife it makes the group even bigger. Well, we did all have partners, but I'm about to tell everyone I no longer do. 

"Do you guys mind if I talk while you eat?" I ask the group 

"Go for it honey, we're listening." Mum smiles