11- Bad Dream

Him

I was star struck to see New York in its light. There were people everywhere, shops lit up with bold and bright signs. Back home was so quiet,but this place was alive. As we moved ahead the crowd increased, I quickly held Rays small hand,  so that she was close and we did not get lost.
After and hour of walking and Ray telling me little thing about shops and places around the city we ended up at the coffee shop like always.

"The usual or something else?" I ask. "You know what I think I will have a hot chocolate today, just feel like it." I nod and go place the order.
Holding two cups of hot chocolate I take a seat and give her one. "Thanks"she said. We then had the sweet goodness in silence.

"Ray" I say and she looks up "Thank you for today, it was something new and fun I did in a very long time. I needed it"
"Andrew it was my pleasure, I had fun too. I hope you liked the food" she asked.
"Loved it" I say and we get up to head home.

After an awkward moment in the elevator we reached our floor and get out.  "So I guess I will see you.." I was cut off when Ray hugged me "soon". She just smiled and turned towards her door.

Her

Closing the door I just paused and smiled. The day was really good, all because of him. Then I realised that I hugged him like a fool. God! Why?! He must think I am a creep. How could I be so stupid? I shanked my head and sigh. Moving to my room for my pj's.

Stating at the ceiling after my night routine my mind drifted to him and the hug. He really did smell good, like cinnamon. I smiled at the thought and hugged my pillow till sleep took over.

Dream-
"Mom where is dad?! Where are you going??"
"Honey dad is out I have to go and get him, stay home lock the doors and windows"
"Why mom what is happening?"
"Baby go back inside I will come back" she said pushing me in and locking the door. Moments later I heard two gun shots and ran to hide in my closet.
End of dream

I wake up panting and covered in sweat. I could never forget that it no matter how hard I tried. It was the worst day of my life.