13 -Recipe

Him

Thanksgiving was tomorrow and I was currently looking for my mother's recipe from the turkey and mashed potatoes. Where was it?
My mother loved to cook and I used to often help her in the kitchen after school.

It was one of the times we could bond, unfortunately that stopped once she started chemo. I haven't cooked a full meal since. There were always people who would cook for us after mom. But it was never the same. After thirty minutes of searching I finally spot my mom's journal,along with bringing out everything I needed for the meal.

I was surprised when I decided to cook after so long, but I wanted Ray to have good food and also knew that this was the best recipe. But could I make it well? What if she didn't like it?

The over thinking would only get worse so I decided to stop it and actually cook something to begin with.

I was done with the pre preparation of the turkey and moved on to the potatoes. I just really hope she like it. Why was I so nervous? God I think I really did like this girl. Great.

Her

I was never great at cooking anything , but if there was one thing I was good at it was apple pie. Rose my nanny used to make it for us when we were younger. In simple words I fell in love with it and forced her to teach me.
After years of practice I finally mastered the recipe. I could make it in my sleep now.

Once I was done with my early lunch I headed to the grocery store to get the ingredients. I told Andrew that I would get wine as well, Jack had given me a fancy pair of red and white wine from his last trip to Europe. I guess I could put it to good use now.

Scanning the aisle for the right butter, I heard someone say my name "Ray!" I turn around to see Gen walking towards me.
"Hi stranger happy Thanksgiving" I say.
"What are you doing here girl?"

"I will be going to a friend's house tomorrow...making pie"

"Ohhh who is this friend?"

"Andrew"

"Are you both__?"

"No Gen"

"But you know that we__"

"I know, I said no Gen" she just nodded with a frown.

"Well my grandma is waiting for me I'll see you around Ray"

I smile and say bye.
Nothing can happen between us...I can't let it.

Hi humans
Next chapter is going to be fun😉
Also how would u guys like a spin off about Gen? Lmk
Bye u☀️☀️