• Sidelines •

• SIDELINES •

• SIDELINES •

Charlie's Mom marries the father of the most popular boys in school and has to adjust to her new life while still grieving her sister's death.

Charlie struggles to accept the change when her new stepbrothers force her away from the sidelines and into the spotlight. Suddenly, Charlie becomes an outsider with a front-row seat to observe the world of popularity.

The adjustment only gets more complicated when Charlie starts falling for her stepbrother's worst enemy and finds out that people around her are hiding things from her. She begins to realise the people around her may be keeping secrets from Charlie, which may have harmful consequences.

As Charlie tries to navigate her new life, she slowly realises her new family may impact her more than she first thought.

Soundtrack

01 Sidelines, State Champs

02 Affluenza, Conan Gray

03 Yes, I'm Changing, Tame Impala

04 The Ghost in You, The Psychedelic Furs

05 Treacherous, Taylor Swift

06 Ghosts, Stevie Nicks

07 Getaway Car, Taylor Swift

08 Naive, Willow

09 Talk to Me, Stevie Nicks

10 Daddy issues, the Neighbourhood

11 Over My Head (Cable Car), The Fray

12 Didn't Make It, Charli Adams

13 Exile (feat. Bon Iver), Taylor Swift

14 Waitin' for a Superman, The Flaming Lips, Peter Mokran

15 God Only Knows, The Beach Boys

Author's Comment

This book is very family-centred. The focus is on Charlie and her new family. Charlie's relationships with her family and newfound family are the dominant storyline. Aside from this, there is a hint of romance, friendship, lots of drinking, plot twists, rivalry etc.

Trigger warning: there are references in this book to sexual assault. If this is a sensitive subject, please take care and proceed with caution. Through the characters, the book explores the different ways I've witnessed the topic be approached. I disagree with the ways the characters handle things, and they do not voice my personal opinion. I hope some of their views will piss you off. Sexual assault is a delicate subject, and I've tried to be aware of this. If you want to talk about anything, please get in touch with me via my DMs here or on Instagram.

Further, at times the characters can be misogynistic/ sexist and unpleasant. Again, please be aware they do not voice my opinion. The intention is for it to get under your skin. All of my characters are supposed to be flawed and have much to learn. There will be character development, don't worry. Please keep that in mind when reading :)

Despite the above issues, I have written this book to be fun and dynamic. I hope the mysteries, antics and secrets capture your attention. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Top Rankings

#1 in teen fiction

#5 in romance

#9 in young adult

Timeline

Started writing - April 2020.

Finished writing - April 2023.

Socials

I have an Instagram and tiktok for writing. For those interested, it's — @classicdisposition (link in bio).

In my bio, there are links to other media such as Spotify, discord and Patreon. Patreon has chapters that never made it into the book and were cut when I was editing.

Copyright

All rights are reserved. No part of this work or its contents may be reproduced, modified, transmitted, or copied in any form or adapted by any means, including photocopying, recording, other electronic or mechanical methods, or anything else without the prior written consent of the author.

To spell it out, DO NOT STEAL MY WORK.

Copyright © classicdisposition 2020. All rights reserved.

[If you see my work anywhere but here, please get in touch with me so I can look into it! They will have stolen my work :/]