First Practice

You wake up to your phone buzzing.

"Who could need me at-" You stop, to check the time. "-5:30 in the morning?"

You quickly pick up your phone and answer, not bothering to check who it is.

"Hello?"

"Oh hey (Y/N), did I wake you?" Jiro asks from the other line.

"Yeah, you did. Whatcha need? And how did you get my number?" You say rubbing the sleep out of your eyes.

"Well, we meant to tell you yesterday, but I think we forgot. We have our first practice today! And Mina gave everyone your number, in case we needed to talk to you!"

"Okay, send me the location, I'll be there soon." You hang up the phone and walk to your mess of a closet.

Throwing on a random sweater and some pants, you brush your teeth and hair, and walk out the door.

"Holy shit why did I have to wake up this early?" You hear a middle-aged man says as he gets into his car.

You stifle a laugh and check your phone for the location. Luckily it's not too far from your house, so you can walk.

A car comes by you as you start to walk, and slows to a stop.

"Hey (Y/N)! Get in!" Kiri yells from inside the car.

You smile brightly and jump into the car.

"You didn't have to come pick me up," You say laughing and buckling up.

"Well, I wanted coffee anyways so I thought I might as well. Are you ready for your first practice?"

"Maybe. I'm a little nervous." You say, shyly tucking a strand of hair behind your ear.

"Don't be. You've got it!" He says pulling up to the building.

"Okay, let's go!"

You both walk into the building, to see Mina and Sero on Instagram, and Jiro taking notes down on a paper.

Bakugou receives his coffee from Kiri, and Denki instantly is by your side.

"Hey, guys!" You say cheerfully.

"Okay, so now everyone's here, we've got to discuss our next plans," Jiro says putting down her paper.

Everyone instantly shuts up, causing you to get nervous.

"Okay, as you know it's spring now.-" Jiro starts, but instantly gets interrupted.

"I think we realized that dumbass," Bakugou says hatefully.

"Oh shut up!' Mina says smiling.

"Okay, well anyway, our mini-album debut is going to be sometime in early June. That gives us about two months to throw this thing together." Jiro says glaring at Bakugou. "Any questions so far?"

"If our album is gonna be themed around a blackout, then why is it going to be in the summer?" Mina asks.

"Because it'll be like a big summer blowout, and then we'll have time to go on a fun mini-tour and then put in another huge album for some undecided date," Jiro says surveying the room. "Anything else?"

Everyone shakes their heads, so she continues.

"A few songs have already been written, but we need to decide on how many songs are going to be on the mini-album, and a few other details, but for now music is our first step." Jiro then picks up a stack of papers and passes them out.

"(Y/N) and Mina are going to go practice vocals in the other room. Everyone else, grab your instruments, and stay here. Sero, I'm sorry, but since (Y/N) is now a part of our band, you will focus mainly on keyboard." Jiro states business-like, as Mina grabs your hand and drags you to the other room.

"Okay, so basically we're gonna do some warmups then analyze the music, and go from there," Mina says cheering.

"So, what do you usually do for warmups?" You ask finally feeling awake.

"Oh, I just sing tongue twisters, but feel free to do whatever."

~Time Skip~

"Are you all warmed up?" Mina says after about 30 minutes.

"Yeah, I am. What song are we singing?"

"It's one that Sero wrote a little while ago but we never really practiced. Here just look, you have the highlighted part." She says handing you the paper.

"Wait, so I get the starting verse and we join together in the chorus, then you do the second verse and we end together." You say analyzing the music.

"Yep! I'm not sure about some of the notes for me, but I'm sure we've got it. Let's just practice the chorus for now." Mina says brightly.

You take a deep breath before singing, "I wanna taste love and pain."

"Yeah, that's perfect!" Mina says clapping.

You practice the chorus and the bridge, and then go to work on Mina's part when Jiro opens the door.

"Okay, ladies, sorry to interrupt, but I've gotta hear what you've got," Jiro says making you nervous.

Mina smiles at you, and then counts with her fingers. At three, you both sing your heart out, missing a few notes here and there, but otherwise almost always hitting the harmony right.

"Woah. Okay, (Y/N) I didn't know you were a fast learner. That was really close. Mina if you could take it an octave higher at the bridge it would make for something interesting." Jiro says turning and walking out.

Mina then pouts, and you laugh.

"Okay, I'm taking a break, feel free to go observe the others. Be back here in 15." Mina says pulling out her phone.

You nod, and walk out, to hear a guitar and keyboard playing together.

You move closer towards the sound, only to see Denki wearing one of Kiri's bandannas, and looking hot as hell.

He catches your eye and smiles.

"Shit." You say out loud, quickly pulling out your phone and snapping a picture.

The music stops, and they high-five.

"What did ya think (Y/N)?" Denki asks, as Sero goes off somewhere.

"It was really good. How long have you been playing?' You say, a blush making it's way to your cheeks.

"Since I was 15. It's all I've ever wanted to do." He says grabbing your hand. "Could I take you out to lunch today?"

You panic internally, a million thoughts running through your head.

"Don't feel pressured or anything." He says after you don't say anything.

"Yes. When do you want to go?" You ask finally snapping out of it.

"Oh, after practice sound good?"

"After practice for what?" Jiro asks glaring at your interlocked hands.

"We were just going to lunch," You say pulling your hand away from Denki's and rubbing your hand on the back of your neck nervously.

"That's such a good idea! I'll ask the others if they want to go." Jiro says very sarcastically, before turning and walking out.

"I guess the more the merrier," Denki says sighing.

"What is her issue?" You ask, a little upset that she ruined your chance at a date with your long-time crush.

"I don't really know. Maybe we could sneak off right now and go instead?" He suggests winking.

"It's my first practice, I can't really sneak off," You say rolling your eyes.

"Yes you can," Mina says walking in. "I'll cover for you, go!"

Denki grabs your hand and runs out the back door, dragging you with him.

"Woah, I'm actually doing this." You say smiling, a wild glint in your eyes.