Song-Writing

You and Denki walked into practice late, but with bagels for everyone so all is forgiven. 

"Okay, before we start practicing the two songs we have, has anyone written anything we need to go over?" Jiro asked motioning for everyone to sit down around her. 

Sero and Kiri raised their hands, while Mina practically did jazz hands. 

You snickered causing everyone to look in your direction. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. It's just no surprise Sero has his hand up. That man has written my favorite songs by you." You say giving him a playful wink.

"I am hurt, babe." Denki pouted causing everyone to laugh. 

"Okay, but for real, Mina did you have something?" Jiro said still laughing.

"It's just kinda a chorus, but I have all the music ready for what I have." She said, less confident than normal. 

"Shiiiit, girl I bet it's fire!" Kiri said poking her in the side. 

"Hell yeah! Let's play it!" Sero responded equally as enthusiastic. 

Everyone had the music Mina had written, and you were examining yours when Denki and Bakugou started the song. 

Kiri joined in two beats after, and then Mina started to sing. 

I have a heart that gets on everybody's nerves

They don't want the truth

They just want the words

You recognized this as the part you were supposed to join in, her winking at you as you grab a mic.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!

I could sing until I'm dead

And none of you'll remember a single word I said

The drums finished with a break which left room for the perfect first verse if it was written. 

"Other than a few harmonies I'm going to change between Kiri and Denki, I think this could do really well. Thanks, Mina!" Jiro said writing as fast as possible in her notebook. 

"Yeah, that was sick!" Sero yelled smiling widely. 

"Badass." 

"Shut it, Baku! It was dope as fuck!" Denki smiled, jumping up and down a bit. 

"Yeah, now it's just the coming up with the rest of the lyrics," Mina responded grinning widely. 

Denki hummed the beat again, giving you an idea. 

"Hand me a mic, will ya?" You asked Bakugou, surprising everyone. 

Once you got the microphone, you asked Denki to continue humming. 

He did, without questions, and you began to sing. 

What's the point of being a voice when everyone's already sick of the noise?

What's the point in-

You stopped there, trying to think of a lyric. 

"What about, 'what's the point in trying to change when everyone's happy with more of the same?'" Sero suggested with a smile. 

You nodded, and then Bakugou started playing with some drum combinations. 

Everyone played around for a bit, giving suggestions and changing things until you had a good first verse and chorus. 

"I think we can wrap it up for today, guys! That song is going to fit so well!" Jiro said cheering before stopping. "Oh, and if anyone has any other ideas hold on to them, we'll get to them next practice." 

Jiro then went around to everyone and wrote down the chords and lyrics and notes that worked for the song so far.

"Bye! I'll see you all tomorrow!" Sero said while walking out. 

"Babe, wanna go get a cupcake? I know this great bakery!" Denki asked while grabbing your hand. 

"Of course! Can I get a (favorite flavor) one?" 

"Hell yeah!"