Paparazzi

You go home giddy, still excited for the neon festival.

Denki and Jiro still seem super tense around each other, but no one has seemed to care, as she's probably still mad about you too blowing off practice.

"Tsu, what are we wearing for the neon festival?" You ask her once you two are together again.

"Well, I was thinking that I could center everyone around one certain color. Like Mina's would obviously be neon pink, yours neon blue, Sero's green, and so on." Tsu says sketching in her book.

"Oh, that sounds awesome! I have news if you want to hear it." You say, causing her to put her book down.

"What? Tell me! Tell me!" Tsu says, all of her attention on you.

"Calm down. I may have went on a lunch date yesterday, with Denki Kaminari!" You say to her trying to keep a steady tone.

"Holy shit (Y/N)! You have to tell me everything! How come his Instagram says nothing about you yet?" She says without taking a breath.

"Well, we aren't official. And Jiro says that because we haven't had a stage performance of me, that I shouldn't post anything about the band yet, Mina posted about me today though." You say, confidence slowly fading.

"Hey, look it's okay (N/N), you went on a date, that's good!" Tsu says cheering you up a little.

"Okay, okay. You're right."

You both turn your heads to a knock on your door. There is Mina and Kiri, red-faced and panting as if they've been running.

"What are you two doing here?" You ask, as they practically barge through you.

"Paparazzi. Can we stay here for a little while?" Kiri explains, as Mina looks sadly to the side. You nod, worried for your pink alien queen.

"Oh, are you guys okay?" Tsu asks walking into your kitchen.

"Yeah, we're good. It comes with the job, but..." Kiri trails off looking worriedly at Mina.

"I'm making tea!" Tsu calls, and then comes back once the kettle is set up.

"Okay, now, Mina are you okay?" Tsu says sitting down at the kitchen table with Mina.

She just slowly shakes her head and looks up with tears filling her eyes.

"Aww, hun, what's wrong?" Tsu says instantly hugging her and patting her back.

"They said something to me," Mina says sadly.

Tsu lets her go, and Kiri instantly goes into protective mode. A shift in the tenseness of the room is clear, as everyone is ready to protect Mina in any way possible.

The kettle makes a noise, shaking everyone out of their trance.

Tsu leaves to go prepare the tea, leaving you and Kiri to comfort Mina.

"What did they say?" You say putting an arm around her.

"They said that I wasn't enough and that Jiro had to get someone better to replace me.." She says looking at you and bursting into tears.

You and Kiri instantly group hug her.

"Shh. It's okay Mina. It's okay." Kiri says patting her back.

You simply run your hand through her curls, and wipe the tears off her cheeks.

When Tsu comes back with the tea, she instantly put the tray down and comforts her as well.

Once she calms down a bit, you all let her go.

"Mina, I don't know if this will make you feel better or not, but remember that you are the one I look up too. You started my singing career. You are the best person and singer I know, and there's no way I or anyone could ever replace you." You say handing her a cup of peppermint tea.

"Thank you (N/N), and everybody," Mina says sipping her tea slowly.

"I'm gonna call the group, and we'll have a movie night before the festival, okay?" You say rubbing Mina's shoulders.

"Yeah. That sounds fun!" Mina says smiling shakily.

"Okay. I'll be back."

You go and text everyone on the group chat, telling them to get over to your house for a movie night.

"No, Mina you know you can't ask her out. The pact remember?" You can hear Kiri saying.

You stay hidden behind the wall trying to pick up on their conversation as best as you can.

"But she isn't technically in the band..." You can hear Mina say.

"That's fair, but I don't know if Jiro will go for it," Kiri responds calmly.

"Okay, but we can't let this pact control our whole lives! Jiro is clearly just taking this dumb-" She's cut off by your phone going off, leaving you no choice but to walk in the room.

"Oh hey guys!" You say hella awkwardly.

"Hey (N/N)! When's everyone coming?" Mina asks smiling again.

"About thirty minutes, where's Tsu?" You ask looking around for her.

"Oh, she's in the bathroom." Kiri explains gesturing to the bathroom.

"Makes sense," You mumble under your breath, so low that no one could hear. "Hey Mina," You say catching her attention.

"Whatcha need (Y/N)?" She responds calmly.

"Who do you like?" You say, as Tsu walks in the room.