Launchpad x Hippie Reader

(Y/N) Your Name. (L/N) Last Name.

You're a twenty two year old woman named (Y/N) (L/N). You live in an RV in a trailer park in St. Canard. You're one of those nature lovers. A sort of hippie. You were calm and laid back. You got along with others. You've had nasty comments from rude people, but you've been used to it.

Your RV is filled with posters of Jimi Hendrix, Grateful Dead, etc. You've got posters of shrooms, etc. You've got tapestry on your walls. Etc. You're in there right now, lighting incense. You smell it and you say, "Ahh. I love the smell of opium scented incense. So soothing."

You walk to your table and you sit down. You pick up your cup of tea and you drink it. You sigh and you smile. You sit back and you look over on the small counter at your radio and you reach over to turn it on. It plays a song. Friend Of The Devil by Grateful Dead. You smile and you sit back listening to that.

(Time skip.)

Later on, you're out at the grocery store getting some groceries. You've got a basket with you as you walk around. As you grab some wheat bread, you suddenly back up and you gasp as you back up against someone. You hear a gasp out of them.

You turn around to see a tall, buff male duck wearing a red pilot suit. He says, "Oh. P-pardon me, ma'am." You say, "Oh no, man. Pardon me." You face this man and you gasp. He sees you. You suddenly feel love struck. You smile and you say, "Sorry for backing up against you, sir. I was just doing some grocery shopping. I've got dinner to make. A vegetarian soup."

He says, "Ooh. Sounds good." You say, "What's your name by the way?" He says, "I'm Launchpad. Launchpad McQuack. Pleasure to meet you." You smile and you say, "Groovy to meet you too. I'm (Y/N) (L/N). I just moved here to St. Canard not too long ago, so I'm new here."

He says, "I gotta say. I like how you dress." You say, "Thank you. I live for it. Peace, love... all of that." He says, "I get it. You just want the world to be a better place, huh?" You say, "There's good in it. Even with all of the hostility that goes on in this world. Poor mother Earth getting destroyed by tractors, the air being polluted by factories, too many trees being cut down... They must know that we need trees to get air."

He says, "I hear ya. I'm a pilot, myself." You say, "I see that. It must be nice flying a plane or a jet in the air and getting a view of the land, huh?" He says, "Yeah." You hear this, "Launchpad! Where are you?" Launchpad says, "Oops. Gotta go. My buddy Drake Mallard's calling for me." You say, "Twas groovy meeting you, Launchpad." He says, "It was nice to meet you, too."

A shorter duck man comes over and sees Launchpad talking to a woman. He stops. He's got a little girl with him. She's a duck girl, has red hair up in pigtails and a purple jersey shirt on. They walk over. Launchpad says, "Oh. Before I go, (Y/N). This is Drake Mallard. His daughter, Gosalyn. Guys... this is (Y/N) (L/N)."

You smile and you say, "It's nice to meet you two." Drake says, "Yeah. You too, Miss. (L/N)." Gosalyn says, "Gosalyn Mallard at your service." You say, "The child is free spirited, I see." Launchpad says, "Heh heh. Yeah. That's how she is." Gosalyn asks, "Are you some kind of hippie? That's cool." Drake says, "Gosalyn!"

You say, "It's quite alright, Drake." You look down at Gosalyn and you say, "I guess you can say that I am, kiddo. I don't eat meat. I listen to a lot of music from the 60s and 70s." Launchpad says, "Sounds like you've got quite a taste in music." You smile and you say, "Too bad I didn't live around the time Woodstock was happening. My grandma did, though. She was my age."

Launchpad says, "How old are you?" You say, "Twenty two, man." He says, "Well hey. Just five years younger than I am. I'm twenty seven." You say, "Far out. How old is the kid, man?" You look at Drake. He says, "She's nine years old." You all talk for a little while, then you head out.

(Time skip.)

After a week, you and Launchpad really took a liking to each other. You're at their place right now. Launchpad lives with Drake and Gosalyn. Drake is outside mowing the lawn. You're sitting on the couch with Launchpad. Gosalyn's on the couch with her soccer ball on her lap.

You've got a guitar with you and you're strumming on that a bit. You say, "You guys wanna hear me play something?" Gosalyn says, "Yeah." You smile and you say, "Alright. Here it is." You play the guitar and Launchpad says, "Ooh. I know that song." Gosalyn says, "Keen gear! What is that song you're playing?"

You say, "Voodoo Child. By the legendary music star Jimi Hendrix." Gosalyn says, "Didn't he die a long time ago? I've overheard my dad mention that one time." You say, "Yeah. He was twenty seven. 1970. Fifty years ago." Launchpad says, "Wow. My age." You say, "A lot of music stars actually died at twenty seven, man. All talented, too. Gosalyn, you know Nirvana don't you?"

She says, "Who doesn't?" You say, "Well, the drummer in that band is now the frontman of Foo Fighters." Gosalyn's surprised to hear this and she says, "No way. Really?" You say, "Yeah, chicky. I grew up studying the history of music. Runs in the family. I've been playing the guitar for the majority of my life, man. I'd go to parties and play it. Mostly acoustic stuff or older rock from back in the day. Hendrix. Joplin. You name it."

Launchpad says, "Wow. You're amazing." You smile and you and Launchpad look at each other. Gosalyn raises a brow and gets up. She says, "If you guys think about making out, I'm gonna go up to my room." She runs off. You and Launchpad both blush. Then you laugh a bit and you say, "She really is some free spirit, huh?" Launchpad says, "Yeah. But she's great. Like having a niece."

You and Launchpad look at each other and you smile. There's a sudden spark. You say, "You're a nice guy, Launchpad. I dig that, man." He says, "You're a nice gal. You're laid back, sweet... Possibly the sweetest woman I've met besides our neighbor Binkie Muddlefoot. Herb's wife."

You say, "Far out, man. They are pretty nice people. Well... the older boy seems a bit rowdy, but that's alright." He says, "Who, Tank? Yeah. Heh heh. He can be. Well... always is." You and Launchpad look at each other and you lean in.

Drake comes in and he sighs saying, "Launchpad. I'm gonna need to..." He stops as he sees you and Launchpad sitting on the couch, kissing. You hear this, "Ahem." You and Launchpad pull away and you look to see Drake standing there. You both grin. You say, "What's up, my brother?"

He says, "Be lucky Gosalyn's not sitting in here right now." He sits on the chair across from you guys and you say, "She ran upstairs before anything happened, man. But I was telling her the history about music."

He says, "So you were." Launchpad says, "Yeah. She's great, isn't she Drake?" He says, "Yep, yep. She is." You say, "You guys are awesome." You hang out at the Mallard household the rest of the time.

Your visits with Launchpad and the Mallard's happen everyday now. You and Launchpad begin loving each other so much that you eventually move out of your RV and in with them. You and Launchpad end up having a son three years later and getting your own place. Not too far from Drake, though.

(End.)