Bushroot x Isolated Reader pt. 3

The next day, you're back in the backyard. You're waiting for Reggie to come back and see you. Yesterday you went out to explore more of the city with Mindy and you saw that there were in fact a lot of men since you grew up your whole life not knowing what they are until you saw Reginald Bushroot.

You're sitting in the grass right now as you water the flowers. You suddenly see a shadow behind you and you gasp. You look back to see him. Reggie Bushroot. He smiles and says, "Hello, again." You say, "Oh. Hi, Reggie. How are you?"

He says, "Great. I came to see you. See how you are." He sits with you. You face him and you say, "I was wondering if you'd come to visit." He says, "Well, here I am. Heh heh. I didn't forget." He rests his leafy hand on the ground and he says, "What are you gonna be up to, later?" You say, "Mindy and I are just gonna be home, watching TV. This is my first time watching it. I was only allowed to read books, but only girls in it."

He says, "I get it. Because you'd be seeing men on TV back at home if they ever let you watch it, right?" You nod and you say, "Yeah. I have a little sister back there, too. She won't be able to see someone like you until she's out of there, herself. Christie's her name and she's nine years old."

He says, "I guess you've just got a mom or two moms, huh?" You nod and you say, "Yeah. Edna's my mom. My second mom is Connie. I never knew what it was like to watch anything on TV. Never read books that involved men like yourself. I'm wearing pants today and this is the first time I've ever worn them. I was wearing dresses or skirts my whole life."

He says, "So what is it over there? The 1900s without men?" You giggle and you say, "No. I listened to rock music, but female singers only. That's all that was allowed in Femsville." He looks at you and you look at him.

You say, "Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to... kiss the opposite sex." He blushes and says, "Y-you do?" You nod and you say, "I'm curious." He looks around and looks at you saying, "I've never been kissed before, myself. And I've been around men and women my whole life. Girls didn't date me because I wasn't popular. They're disgusted by me now because I'm a mutant plant duck."

You say, "I don't care if you are." He looks at you. You say, "Reginald... You're the first man I've seen. Ever. I only just saw a bunch more going through St. Canard, yesterday. None of them looked the way you do." He says, "It's because I'm a plant." You say, "No. Not that... You're handsomer."

He blushes and looks at you. You say, "I was taught that word, yesterday. They say girls are pretty. They say guys... are handsome." You grab his hand and he gasps. He looks down and he looks up at you. You look at him and you say, "I've never felt this, before. It's like some kind of... chemical reaction."

He says, "Yeah. That's what it does to you." You say, "Reggie... How old are you?" He says, "How old am I?" You nod. He says, "I'm twenty eight. You?" You say, "Eighteen. All girls in Femsville have the right to leave if they want by that age. And I just did. I was... kind of chosen to, actually."

He says, "That's good. You see your first man... and I see the first girl who's not put off by me being a mutant plant duck." You and Reggie look at each other and you say, "My friends and I have mentioned the 'strange females'. Now I know those would be males. We were all curious to what gender was beyond those walls of Femsville. I wish I would've known sooner."

He says, "(Y/N). Do you... wanna kiss? I'm curious as to how a kiss will feel." You look at his beak and you look into his eyes. You lean in and you say, "I'm curious too, Reggie." Suddenly, he presses his beak against your (beak/lips) into a kiss. You melt into it, loving the feel of it. It's the most beautiful thing you've felt."