Mega Negaduck x Reader Damsel in Distress pt. 2

Eighteen years pass. It's 2020 now and you're twenty eight years old now. You're living with your friend... Rhoda Dendron. Yes, Rhoda. One of the popular girls from back in elementary. What happened was her so called 'friends' kept seeing her soft side and decided she wasn't cool enough for them. So Rhoda befriended you and Reggie by the end of 4th grade. She's been friends with you since.

Speaking of Reggie, you haven't seen or heard from him in over three years. It was like he just vanished. But he was working at St. Canard University with Rhoda. He really liked her, too. He told you himself that he had always thought Rhoda was pretty and was happy that she became your guys' friend instead of Kattie and Zoe. Rhoda felt those two were too mean and toxic and weren't worth it, anyways.

Also, there was a boy. A teenage boy in the high school you remembered from back in 2002 when you were walking home from school that one day. Jim Starling was his name. You just called him Jimmy like everyone else did. He was fifteen, so you would assume he'd be about thirty three by now if you saw him. So he was five years older than you.

He was a delinquent guy you've developed a crush on. Every time you'd walk home, he'd follow you. There were even times when Reggie and Rhoda were with you. They'd think nothing of it and just assume that the guy had nobody else he wants to talk to. But it was you he'd walk with, mostly. It was okay with you because you liked Jimmy.

And by the time you were in high school, you were receiving mysterious notes and stuff by your bedroom window. You still have them in a box in your room. You and Rhoda live in an apartment. She has her room and you have yours. Since she's head of the house, she pays most of the bills and stuff. You help with rent and internet.

You're in your room right now. Rhoda's at the university. She's still there and does scientific stuff. She's succeeding in doing so and is one of the best there. You're proud of her. You're sitting on your bed and you have the box on your lap right now. You're about to open it.

And you do. You pull the lid off the shoe box and you see the notes that were written to you over a decade ago. They didn't put their name, but you would assume it was someone you know. You get one out and you unfold it. It's dated back in August 3, 2009. It reads, "You're a cool chick. You may seem like a softy at times, but you're the only softy I can tolerate..."

But then it dawns on you. You process the note. You grab another dated back to 2012 and it part of it reads, "You get prettier every time I see you, (Y/N). I've watched you grow from a little kid to the most beautiful fucking thing I've ever seen..." You were twenty years old when that was written to you.

You piece it all together and you gasp. You now realize who's been writing these notes. Why didn't you see it before? It was obvious, now that you think about it. These are all written to you... from Jimmy Starling. Now you realize it... He was beginning to like you the way you've liked him for years.

But you haven't seen him for as long as you haven't seen Reggie. It's like they both suddenly vanished. You miss them. You miss Reggie and being able to hang out with him and talk to him. You missed having Jimmy follow you home all the time while he talked about the crimes and stuff he committed. The bad things he did.

You sigh and you say, "Where are you, Jimmy?" You put the notes back in the box and you close it. You stick it under your bed and you get up. You walk to the door and you walk out of your room. You say, "I think I'm gonna get some Chinese food." You grab your purse, phone and car keys and you head out of your apartment.

(Time skip.)

After going out to eat, you're driving around and you've got your radio playing Can You Hear Me by Korn. You suddenly see people running out of a building and you say, "What the?" You stop your car and you look to see four people run out with a bag full of what you would assume is money.