【88】Eventful Morning

Despite my attempt at getting a proper night of sleep, I didn't

Despite my attempt at getting a proper night of sleep, I didn't. The following day, I wasn't as ready and well-rested as I'd hoped, but completely exhausted. Sleep had eluded me, as I had turned and tossed most of the night. My thoughts were still scattered all over my mind, and I wasn't any closer to knowing what was the best way to handle all this.

The Oli situation was my main concern, but I'd also realized how poorly I had handled things with Lex. Back at his place, confusion and dismay had made it hard, if not impossible, to think properly. I had wanted to be alone to figure things out and hadn't noticed how harsh I may have sounded to him. We'd been having a great time cuddling on his couch, and in a blink, I was distant and absent-minded.

Now that I had thought about it, it was clear I should have told him the truth while insisting he had nothing to worry about. Lex wasn't a bad person, and my concerns that he might fire Oliver only came from a place of unfounded fears. I should have been honest with him because it was the kind of person I was; the kind of relationship I wanted.

For God's sake, we hadn't even kissed goodbye. His "Stay safe, Andrea," had been painfully impersonal, lingering on my mind the entire way home and a good part of the evening. I had hurt him somehow, and I would make up for it. So far, the best solution I had was to have a long and open-hearted discussion with him and then seal it with an apology blowjob. He really liked it when I sucked him off, and the submission and dedication of the act were just what I needed to atone. Also, it wouldn't exactly be a chore, as I really enjoyed having his hard length in my mouth.

So, today, I had two missions. One was to have a serious talk with Oli and let him understand how there would never be anything more than friendship between us. The other was to make it up with Lex and explain to him the reasons for my weird mood last night, and with some luck, go to his place to get on my knees and apologize with my lips and tongue. It was highly doable. And then things would be back to normal. Or at least, as normal as they could be.

I was highly aware that things might never go back to the way they were with Oliver. It was hard to think I might lose a great friend, but I'd rather be honest with him and not risk losing both him and Lex, because I'd been selfish and cowardly. If Oliver couldn't handle the fact that our interactions would forever remain platonic, maybe he wasn't worth remaining friends with. I didn't want him to hang with me only because he was hoping for more to happen. If he wanted to be in my life, it had to be because he enjoyed my company, we shared many interests, liked the same shows, got along well...

When I entered the Troll's Lair, only Mace and Brian were there. I greeted them before getting in. First, I went to Oli's desk to put the box of cookies, brownies, and cupcakes in front of his screen, as well as the thank you note Kate had written for him. Then, I went to my desk, reluctant to start the day. I was neck-deep into a faulty script when Oliver came in, about ten minutes late. He was never late, and when I looked up at him, I understood he had gotten very little sleep as well.