Chapter 15

===Hiccup===

Darkness. All I saw was darkness. But, I can hear voices and sounds clearly all around me. And I can feel something wooden beneath me.

What happened to me?

The last thing I remember is singing my guts out on the edge of a cliff on a ledge made of ice. After that, is darkness.

The memory replayed in my mind -the voice, the lightning, the thunder, the singing, the visions, and the euphoria. It was like I sang myself completely dry.

Even though I'm just waking up, I feel like I ran around Berk, twice. As I tried to move, pain shot up from every inch of my body that I groaned out loud -causing the voices to shut up and be replaced by footsteps on the wooden floor approach me.

"Hiccup! Thank Thor you're waking up! Astrid's voice sounded from my right.

"Oh, we've been so worried. It's been three days since you passed out singing on that cliff." Fishlegs' voice sounded next, from my right.

Wait, I've been knocked out for three days?

I just opened my eyes and stretched my sore limbs, my joints cracking as I moved.

"How you feelin', lad?" Gobber asked me as he handed me a mug of water.

"Like I've been thrown infront of a yak stampede." I groaned as I happily gulped the water and tossed the mug back to Gobber, still stretching my limbs.

Even my peg leg hurts. How is that possible?

"Is that even possible? You body in so much pain from having to sing your soul out in the middle of the night?" Tuffnut asked.

"Well, it happened to Hiccup." Ruffnut pointed out.

"But, does it really hurt the way it hurts when you get run over by a stampede? I wanna find out." Tuffnut said.

"Can I be the one to throw you?" Ruffnut eagerly asked.

"You have to fight ne for it, sister." Snotlout intervened, just as excited about the idea.

Guess Snotlout made it back safely from his trip.

"What even happened to you that night?" Astrid asked me.

"I was in the forge, finishing up Toothless' new tail, when I hear a choir of angels singing to me, calling me to the Northeast Cliffs on the island."

"Wait, you've been hearing a choir of angels singing to you? Why didn't you tell anyone?" Astrid asked me accusingly.

"I told Heather, because she's been hearing the same things. Not just the choir of angels, but also a mother singing a lullaby she's never heard before." I replied defensively as Toothless bounded towards me, happy I was finally awake.

I was still in a lot of pain, and he seemed to sense that. So he just rested his head on my lap, and I was thankful that he didn't cover me in Night Fury spit again.

"And I'll ask her question again, why didn't you tell anyone?" Gobber asked this time.

"We were gonna tell Gothi when we arrived from Swallow Island, but she was asleep soundly in ger but when we got there. And Heather and I agreed that we would tell her as soon as she got back. And I'm willing to guess that she and my father aren't back yet." I explained.

"Yeah, they aren't back yet." Fishlegs confirmed my guess.

"And for the record, I didn't expect that to happen to me. The voice was driving me crazy, I had to crack at some point." I defended myself.