Chapter 21

===Hiccup===

"Ho-Hold on! Wait just a minute!" I called after my mother as me, the guys and our dragons chased her down a tunnel.

"This way. Come." She just said to me as she ran so fast through the tunnels.

"Come back here!" I said after I tripped on a rock before trying to catch up to her.

After she dropped thay bombshell on us, she ran. It took me five seconds before I came to my senses and followed her. And about 3 seconds more for my cousin and best friend to do the same.

"You can't just say something like that and run off. You're my mother?! I mean, what the...? Do you-do you grasp how insane it sounds?" I ranted, not really knowing if I'm confused, happy or angry.

"Come quickly." She said as she climbed up a ledge and never looked back.

"I have questions!" I said as I tried to get up.

I tried to climb up, but rocks were too slippery.

"Like...where have you been all this time?"

I finally managed to get up with a boost from Toothless.

"What have you been doing?" I added as I pulled myself together and followed her.

"They.. they said you were dead. Everyone thinks you were eaten by..." The words left me as my eyes were entranced by the beautiful sight in front of me.

It was..... paradise. Dragons of all shapes and sizes flying freely around pillars of green and white. The colors and the sounds, they were breath taking. The dragons were wild and free. And it was so beautiful.

I glanced at Aaron and Nikolai, and they looked just as amazed as I was. I also noticed how some dragons had scars and lost body parts. As if they were trapped by vikings then released. And I had a hunch that she's the one behind it. Heather often told me about Dragon Hunters and Dragon Trappers. How she would see hear about trapped dragons
and a vigilante in a mask would destroy them all and free them.

Toothless started growling softly as he was staring at something that was up high, and it was my mother hanging from a stalactite with her dragon.

"This is where you've been for 18 years?" I asked her, and she nodded.

"You... you've been rescuing them." I said more than asked and she just nodded again.

"Unbelievable." I sighed as I looked around.

"You're not upset?" She asked.

"What? No... I-I don't know. I-it's a bit much to get my head around, to be frank. It's not everyday you find out your mother is some crazy, feral, vigilante dragon lady." I ranted which made her giggle.

"Well, at least I'm not boring. Right?" She pointed out as her dragon helped her come down to us.

"Well, I suppose that there's that one specific thing." I muttered as she came closer while a wild dragon began nuzzling me.

"Do you... do you like it?" She asked.

"I-I don't have the words." I admitted.

"Neither do I. This is just..... incredible, Aunt Valka." Aaron said.

"I agree on that. There's more dragons here than Berk, Swallow, Sullen and Lava Lout combined." Nikolai added.

"Let me guess, Aaron Haddock and Nikolai Vellheim. Son of Edmond the Unflinching and Marvick the Gallant. My nephew and godson." My mother said to them.