Chapter 26

===Elsa===

It turns out that the place the dragons took me to wasn't very far. We were there before I knew it. And what I saw took my breath away -an entire island made of ice. At first, I thought it was a glacier. But, I saw the moss, the gray sand on the beach, and the giant tree roots on the ground and how only the top half of the island was covered in giant spikes of ice. It was amazing. And it looked like something -or someone -powerful made this. 

My heart started pounding and my head began spinning with all kinds of thoughts. But, all them revolving around one idea -could the one who made this... be someone like me? 

No, that would be a little far fetched. But, the ice didn't look like it was naturally formed. I was sure it was created by something and covered the entire island. And it looked like no one lived here at all. No humans, at least. All I heard were roars and screeches of dragons for miles. I even see a few flying around and perched on the spikes of ice. They looked at me with weary eyes that I subconsciously gulped.

"Uh, guys. Are you sure about this place?" I asked them, and I received an assuring croon from Angel as she led us into a hole in the ice.

My heart pounded more in my chest as if it were possible. I think this is the first time I actually sweated from the cold. My hands were clammy and I can feel beads of sweat trickling down my neck. It was ironic since the place was actually freezing cold. I should know because freezing cold is a crisp autumn breeze to me. I was shivering. And it was all from nerves. 

The further Angel took me into the cave of ice, the darker it became and the more anxious I felt. After Ahtohallan, I should be used to this. But, this was an entirely different thing. I gripped the frost saddle as the room was finally black. I heard a strange sound echoing before I felt Angel fly faster. I held onto her tighter and ducked down to avoid hitting any stalactites or hanging ice spikes as she flew so fast that I can barely keep up with her.

I closed my eyes, praying for it to be over because I was growing scared. Until, she suddenly stopped and I was met with a blinding light. When my eyes finally adjusted to the light, I saw the most beautiful thing -an entire ecosystem living and breathing inside a giant dome of ice. The plants were all thriving inside. The ice was glowing under the light of the sun outside. The dragons were flying and living in harmony, of all shapes, sizes and lifestyles. There were waterfalls inside that led to a giant lake in the middle . It was the definition of a safe haven, for sure.

But, I'm confused as I am in awe of this beautiful island shrouded in spikes of ice. It still doesn't answer the two questions that were on my mind -who made the ice and what does this place have that's gonna help me find my way back home?

"Guys, why did you bring me here? Is there someone here that can help us get to Arendelle?" I asked them, a little frustrated.

I was seriously wishing I could understand what they're getting at with this. It's all so confusing.

They just looked at me, equally frustrated. As if they were saying, 'patience, please'. Believe me, if we understood each other perfectly, we would have plenty of patience and less frustration. 

Suddenly, their heads sharply turned to the left. Their ears twitching, like they heard something out of the ordinary.

"What is it, guys? What did you hear?" I asked them.

And I got the answer when they flew off into the direction of the sound they heard. I think I got whiplash or something because it took me a full minute to recover before I could see what was going on. All the dragons inside the island were flying towards a large opening that leads out back into the icy sea. It was a lot of dragons, and I can barely see ahead.

They next thing I know, I was plucked out of Angel's back and dropped from the air. I saw a giant waterfall under me, and I braced myself for the impact. But, it never came. I felt myself stop and I saw that Angel caught me.

"Thanks girl." I sighed in relief as I scratched her behind her ears.

She gave me a smile before her look became menacing towards something behind me. I looked back and I saw a large blue and red dragon with bumps running from its nose to its tail, growling at me. I don't know how I know, but I'm sensing that the dragon is seeing me as some kind of threat. Next thing I know Peony, Misty and Whiteout came up in its face and roared at it angrily. Pretty soon, they began fighting. 

The blue and red dragon growled before he attacked. Whiteout defended me while Peony and Misty growled at the other dragons that were watching us. I'm guessing they told them to back off.  Angel was still growling, so I stroked her head to try and assure her that I was fine. It sort of worked. I wanted to interfere and stop the fighting, but I don't think I have it in me to go in between two powerful beasts fighting. 

The dragon that tried to kill me by dropping me from a hundred feet or so put up a fight, but he was clearly no match for Whiteout. Looks like I chose his name right. He was really intimidating. He was cunning, and he anticipated his opponent's next moves.  It was about to give up out of exhaustion. But, one look at me made it roar so loud, causing the other dragons to screech, and I think it's had enough. It gave it all it got against Whiteout, but he was steps ahead. 

He fired purple fireballs at him. One missed and went off outside the ice. They continued fighting, until one booming roar shook the entire place, and all the dragons stopped what they were doing, landed on the ground and bowed towards the lake. Even Angel, Whiteout, Peony and Misty.

I looked to the water, and in the blink of an eye, an enormous white dragon with two large tusks and red and white quills on its back emerged from the water. It was.....woah. I barely have the words to describe the way I'm feeling just looking at it. I could feel it's breath on my face, and I expected it to be warm since I can tell it's a powerful alpha dragon. But, it was cold. Freezing cold. As cold as the ice in this place. 

It's blue-green eyes bore into mine, as if it was reading my soul. I suddenly felt vulnerable and exposed, but I didn't mind it. I let him, even I don't know why I did.  I didn't know what I was doing, but I undid my braid and let my hair fall freely down my back, and my hand began stretching towards him. It was as if he had this control over me. I felt like I could trust him. I felt like he wouldn't hurt me. I was in a daze, and I wasn't even aware.

Not until I heard roars come from the opening in the ice, waking me up. I saw three black dragons that look a lot like Angel, Misty, Peony and Whiteout, and a large four-winged dragon with...... people on their backs? I guess that answers my question earlier. 

One of them stood out to me. He was riding a black dragon with what looked like a .... prosthetic black tail fin that was blended into the color of it's skin to make it seem real. He had shaggy auburn hair, forest green eyes, and wore a red long-sleeved shirt under brown leather body armor of some sort. He had a prosthetic leg made of bent metal. And he was looking at me, like the same way I'm looking at him -familiar but unrecognized.

Why do I feel like I've seen him before?

They all hopped off their dragons, and Misty, Angel, Peony and Whiteout came bounding after the woman carrying a hooked staff, who greeted them with laughs, smiles and giggles. I made a mental note to trust them more when the situation arises. Then, I see him approach me, with a guy that looks like his twin brother on his left, and one with blonde hair and blue eyes that could be his cousin. The longer I look at his face,  the more that feeling of unrecognizable familiarity grows. Until I find myself asking him,

"Do I know you from somewhere?" He and I asked at the same time.