Chapter 24

===Jack===

The storm finally stopped when the sun began rising the following day. And since I'm a spirit, I can't really sleep. Not intentionally, at least. I just watched the rain pour while the dragons lay asleep next to me in the cave. I didn't really know what to do since I'm pretty much lost and the only ones who can see me are the dragons in a cave on a deserted island with me and the other Guardians from places that are definitely far from where I am now.

My only hope are Iceblade, Vesper and Callisto to take me somewhere that can help me find my way back. They're still sleeping, so I played with my staff and made frost drawings on the walls of the cave.

Out of nowhere, I saw her face again. Sapphire blue eyes, snow white skin, frosty blonde hair, radiant smile, ethereal glow. Her image just flashed before my eyes. Again.

This time, I hear her voice- an angelic laughter filling my head. Making my head spin and my heart bear out of my chest. It was like I heard the most beautiful melody in the world.

I spent the entire morning daydreaming about her until the dragons started waking up. Their roars and stretching brought me out of my thoughts and I just watched them instead.

I was only starting to notice how the cave we were at was crawling with slugs when Iceblade, Vesper and Callisto started feasting over them like a buffet for breakfast. Even though I don't even eat, the sight made me lose my appetite.

"Good morning, guys." I greeted then after breakfast.

And they all nuzzled me and purred, as if they greeted me 'good morning' as well.

They walked out the cave and I just followed them. Even as they took off to the sky. Seems like they were stretching their limbs, and I know just the way to make it better.

With a swish of my staff, flurries of snowflakes danced around in the wind. We played around in the sky until they were hungry again that they dived down into the sea to catch some fish.

I stayed up in the air and stared into the horizon, and a face flashed befote my eyes again. Not the angel of snow again, no. It was the face of a guy.

He had shaggy auburn hair, forest green eyes, lanky build, and the faintest trace of a small white scar on his chin. It was the same as the girl- his face felt like a memory even though I've never met him before.

And it reminded me of why I was stuck in the middle of nowhere in the first place - I need to find the River of Memories. But, after what just happened to me, I'm not taking any chances of going alone again. It's better for me to go back to the Pole and ask the Guardians to come with me.

North's Sled or Bunny's tunnels are much safer way of traveling if I wanna get there still in one piece, dry and conscious with a sense of direction.

I made a mental note to tell Manny that I almost drowned in the ocean when he said that I should go alone when I glided down to the dragons as they were finishing their lunch. Hopefully, they know where I can find my way again.

"Hey guys, you all done?" I asked, and I got my answer from three loud burps.

"Okay, I was wondering if you guys know a place where I could ask for directions. You see, as much as I love being with you guys, I need to get back home." I said to them, and the most unexpected thing happened.

They started whimpering and nuzzling me that it brought me down to the ground. I was confused at their sudden behavior at first, but the answer clicked in my mind instantly.

"Oh.... you guys think that when I go home, I'll leave you here?" I asked, and they just whimpered more.

I felt like crying at that moment, and at the back of my mind I was praying that Bunny never find out that I cried. He will never let me hear the end of it. But, more important than that, I felt...... wanted. Like, my heart felt confliction between two things that mean to me.

I mean it's only been two days at most since I met Iceblade, Vesper and Callisto, but I already feel so connected to them that I'm starting to tear up a little at the thought of leaving them. And.... I can't do it.

I've never felt like this with anyone or anything before. And I've lived for 300 years. This is really a big thing for me. A part of me doesn't know what I should do, but another part already knows what I should do.

And in my heart, I already have my answer. I just hope they agree to it, the other guardians don't mind when they see them and that North will let them stay with me in my wing at the workshop.

"Guys, it's okay. It's okay. I'm here." I tried calming them down, which sort of worked since the whimpering got softer.

They looked at me with big round eyes, and all I could think of was how much fun we were gonna have and how these three dragons have completely became a huge part of my life in just a blink of an eye.

"Tell you what, since I don't have it in me to really leave you, why not come with me?" I asked them.

And I was instantly soaked in dragon slobber, which meant as a big fat yes from them. That was easy. I was already thinking of ways to get them to say yes when it's apparently unnecessary.

"Okay then, so to answer my question earlier, do you guys know where I could ask for directions to get home?" I asked them again.

And the next thing I know is Iceblade throwing me over his shoulder and I landed on his bag. We took off before I could even comprehend another thought.

"So you guys do know where to go." I said out loud as we flew to the direction left of the island.