Chapter 29

===Hiccup===

"Do I know you from somewhere?" She and I ended up asking at the same time.

She is a vision though. Don't get me wrong, Heather will always be more beautiful than any woman to me. But, her beauty is undeniable. It's ethereal. It looks as if she's glowing.

Platinum Blonde Hair, Sapphire Blue eyes, Snow-white skin and rose red lips. She looks too heavenly to be real. And yet she is, standing infront of me.

"I'm sorry, it's just that..... you look so familiar and yet I haven't seen you from anywhere." She said after a beat.

"I could say the same about you." I returned to her.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Elsa. And you?"

"Hiccup. Behind me is my cousin Aaron," I pointed to the brunette, "my best friend, Nikolai," I pointed to the blonde, "And the woman with your white Night Furies is my mother, Valka." I introduced.

"Night Furies?" She asked me.

"Oh, it's what the species of the dragon you were riding called. But since Night Furies are black like ours, yours are better called Light Furies. Because of the white scales." I explained to her.

"Oh, okay. That makes sense, I guess." She still looks confused which was pretty understandable.

Out of nowhere, she was knocked back and started falling towards the lake. It was the Snafflefang that was battling one of her Light Furies earlier that knocked her back. And the Bewilderbeast looked like he was scolding the Snafflefang for doing that.

I was about to get on Toothless and save her when I saw something that made my jaw drop -ice and snow came from the tips of her fingertips as she made herself a slide that leads away from the cold water and towards a safe ledge a few feet away from us.

After that, she made herself an ice bridge to get back to where we were before she thawed it all out.

"Is that.... magic?" Nikolai asked her.

"Yeah. I was born with it to help me with my purpose as the Fifth Spirit of Nature." She said.

Well, that explains her beauty- ethereal beauty for a spirit.

"The Fifth Spirit of Nature?" My mother asked her.

"Yes, that's me. I'm also the Protector of the Enchanted Forest..."

"... And the Keeper of Ahtohallan." My mother finished for her, shocking all four of us.

"How did you...?" Elsa asked her, as confused as we were.

She looked closer into her blue eyes before she drew back and gasped.

"You're Iduna's eldest daughter. The one gifted with winter magic when she was born." She exclaimed.

"You knew my mother?" The look on Elsa's face was like she's been doused by a bucket of ice water.

"I was good friends with her dear, long ago. My husband, Stoick, and your father, Agnar, are close allies, ergo me and your mother became friends. I can still remember how happy they looked when we met you for the first time." Mom said.

"What? How is that possible?" I asked her.

"It just is, son. You were still in my womb when we met Elsa. Iduna and I gushed about how one day the two of you would meet and become friends. But, sadly it never happened. I was taken here. But, there could still be a chance? Is she still in Arendelle?" My mother raved.

And Elsa eyes suddenly cast down as she said,"She and my father died seven years ago trying to find answers to what caused my powers."

My mother visibly gasped.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry dear. I can say that they would be proud of you. After all, you accomplished your destiny that she suspected from the moment you were born." Mom comforted her, and it cracked a smile from Elsa.

"Thank you, Valka." She thanked her with a hug, which Mom happily returned.

"Okay, wait. Back up. What's Ahtohallan?" Nikolai asked, breaking the tender moment.

"Ahtohallan is the official name of the River of Memories." My mother answered.

And the hits just keep on coming, aren't they.

"And I'm it's spiritual keeper. Protecting the secrets of the past to those who seek ot for the wrong reasons with my magic." Elsa added, making magical snowflakes emerge from her hands and dance around us.

"Then you know where it is?" I asked her.

"Yes, I do. Unfortunately, I was on my way back when I got knocked off course by a terrible storm. I'm afraid I don't know the way from here. I was actually hoping maybe you know the way to Arendelle. From there, I could easily get to Ahtohallan." Elsa answered me.

"We were knocked off course by a storm on the way there. We were heading norheast from where we were." Aaron told her, and they shared a look of pity.

Damn it. I don't even know where Arendelle is. I haven't even heard of it before. It's too late to turn back home now. Heather might already be there waitinh for me. I was about to lose hop. Until.... an idea struck me.

"Nikolai, didn't you say you were looking for your dad's travel diary?" I turned and asked him.

"Yeah, and I still haven't found it. Why?" He replied.

"Do you think he has maps or at least records of his voyages which included a land named Arendelle?" I asked him.

"Maybe, I mean the old man's a well traveled guy."

Aaron was getting where I was going.

"If we help him find his dad's diary, maybe it can help us find a way to Arendelle."

"Exactly." I clapped him on the back.

"And a way to Ahtohallan. That's a great idea." Elsa joined in.

"Bingo." I gave her a high-five, which she accepted.

Man, her hands are cold.

"But, it has to wait until tomorrow. A storm is brewing, and best get the four of you some food and sleep." Mom advised us and we a followed her to her hut.

Judging from our joint encounters with a merciless storm that led us here, and from the loud rumbling thunder from outsid, we knew better.

Tomorrow is another day, after all. I just hope there isn't another storm that can kill us.