Chapter 28

===Jack===

The island they took me was making me sweat. Literally. The island was a volcano that appears to be active. It was probably the first time I actually sweated from heat. Scratch that - its the first time I actually sweated in 300 years. And it wasn't just the intense heat that made me sweat.

Hundreds of dragons flew around the island. Emerging and disappearing in the smoke. And anxiety started creeping in. I'm a spirit, sure, but having hundreds of dragons stare at you as you fly with dragons with metal armor into a hole on the side of the volcano with judgemental and weary eyes makes you sweat twice with the heat of the place.

"Guys, why are we here?" I asked them, and I received no answer as they kept on flying through a maze of caves.

I suddenly see a blue light illuminating the cave, and it was Iceblade, Vesper and Callisto using their dragons fires to light the way once it got too dark. Clever.

"Is it hot in here or is it just me feeling hot?" I asked, and it was literal.

Don't get me wrong, I am handsome. The nymphs think so. But, in this case, I was hot because of the heat insid the cave. I'm pretty sure it's radiating through the walls.

I was about to chuck my cloak and hood off when I suddenly felt a cool breeze blow against my face and a bright light against my eyes. Weird.

I was starting to think that we went through volcano to the other side since there is no way that a cool breeze would come from inside a volcano. But, as soon as my eyes adjusted to the light, the crater above me opening to the blue sky says other wise.

"Holy Crap on a Cracker." I breathed out as I took in a scenery before me.

Who knew a beautiful garden with a cool breeze, waterfalls and a lake tended by dragons would thrive inside a volcani that looks like it's filled with hot boiling lava from outside?

Still doesn't answer why Iceblade, Vesper and Callisto would bring me here.

Still, I hopped off of Iceblade's back and decided to walk around the garden. I was still a little hot, so I decided to frost a little plants and treez to make the breeze colder. I was gonna reverse it but the dragons didn't get the message. And since they can see me, they have someone to threaten.

Turns out I didn't just frost plants. I also frosted little dragons the size of insects that were inside them. I only realized that after I heard a high-pitched squeal coming from one of the bushes I accidentally frosted.

I was about to undo it, when the dragons in the area were set into a panic that Iceblade, Callisto and Vesper all surrounded me to protect me. Don't ask me how I know that because I have no idea myself.

And since I can't get near the frosted plants, I can't undo it. And the three dragons protecting me were no help either. They were pulling me away further before I could have the chance to take the frost away. On the bright side, the air was turning colder and I wasn't sweating anymore.

Suddenly, we were surrounded by threatened dragons. Iceblade, Vesper and Callisto looked like they tried reasoning with them, but the dragons weren't at all convinced. Again, I don't know how I know that.

Iceblade belt out a loud roar, which made the other dragons stand down. At first I thought he finally got through to them. But, I was wrong.

Four dragons with..... people on their backs..... approached us. I'm guessing they're the ones that Iceblade, Vesper and Callisto wanted me to see. But, that can't happen since no one can see me unless they believe in me. And these people have probably never heard of me.

One of them caught my eye, though. A pretty girl with black hair and green eyes riding a dragon that looks exactly like Callisto. And she looked.... oddly familiar. I don't recognize her from my 300 years of existence, and yet she has this familiar vibe.

And she was looking at me the same way I was looking at her. She was just hovering up there, staring at me. And I was just standing like an idiot, staring at her. Until I realized the dragons finally calmed down.

I made it quick and removed all the frost from the garden. Turning white back to green and immobilzed back to freely flying and shooting mini fireballs at me because I accidentally froze them. Whn the last mini-dragon roared at me, huffed and flew away to his own business, I heard dragons landing behind me.

I turned around and saw them staring at me.

Okay, now I am really confused.

They aren't supposed to see me since I've never been to these parts before to spread winter and fun, so they can't believe in me because they don't even know who I am.

I looked behind me to see if Iceblade or the others were behind me, but they were to my left nuzzling the older woman of the group happily and playfully, who equally returned the greeting. I guess they're friends too.

I turned back to the three who were still staring at me. Well, more specifically the girl with green eyes and black hair riding a dragon just like Iceblade, Callisto and Vesper. She examined me from head to toe, and I ended up doing the same.

She really feels familiar, and yet it's ticking me off how I don't know her from anywhere. What's more? It baffles me that she, and the two boys behind her, can see me as if I was human or something -like I actually exist. And I don't even have to convince them to see me. It's really weird. It's definitely a first for me.

The girl approached me slowly, while I stayed rooted to the ground. I kept a hand behind me, on my staff, just in case she or the two guys accompanying her do something. I looked deep into her green eyes, reading a question that has been buzzing in my mind since I first saw her.

Until I blurted it out.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" She and I asked at the same time.