Chapter 49

=Elsa=

A familiar feeling came over me. And before I knew it, I was singing a familiar song.

My castle looked destroyed, but I didn't care. I didn't care if I have to carve a way in through again. All I cared about was the song in my mind and what was waiting for us inside the River.

Every inch of me is trembling
But not from the cold...
Something is familiar
Like a dream I can reach but not quite hold

We were already there, and goosebumps traveled up and down my body.

I can sense you there
Like a friends I've always known...

We landed, and I hopped off of Angel. Everyone else followed suite

I'm arriving
And it feels like I am home...

I let my hair out of the ponytail, letting fall freely down my back. My eyes were stinging with tears as I walked to the hole in the ice, and it was getting harder to sing. But, I pushed through. I can't stop. Not now.

I have always been a fortress
Cold secrets deep inside...
You have secrets too...
But you don't have to hide...

Every inch of the place look and felt like it did a year ago -when I first came here. Even though I've lived here for a while now, walking in there in the moment felt like it was the first time. Including singing that song again.

Show yourself
I'm dying to meet you
Show yourself
It's your turn
Are you the one I've been looking for
All of my life....

Show yourself
I'm ready to learn...
Ah ah Ah ah

I waited for the River to respond. The lights to show and the voice to echoes against the walls. It took a while, but it did. The light appeared and led me down a turn into the tunnels.

ah Ah Ah ah ah

Feeling my heart beat faster, I ran after the light. I knew they would follow me, so I kept running without looking back.

I've never felt so certain
All my life I've been torn...
But I'm here for a reason
Could it be the reason I was born...?

I was approaching the ridge. But, I got through differently. Instead of steps, I continued the slide down and connected the two ledges with my powers. Because of it, the light in the ice disappeared. But I knew it would appear again once I get to the other side.

I have always been so different
Normal rules did not apply...

I made it across, and sure enough, the light came back and led me through the tunnel. Illuminating a cluster of ice pillars that were blocking the door.

Is this the day...?
Are you the way...
I finally find out why...?

It was easier for me to unblock the door. I did it without even thinking. When I did, there was still more. I lifted it all out of the way as if I do it everyday, even though it's now twice that I've done it.

Show yourself!
I'm no longer trembling
Here I am
I have come so far
You are the answer I've waited for
All of my life....

I could feel it. I could feel them on the other side of this door blocked by a thin sheet of ice. They were here. And they were waiting for us. I almost hesitated, out of fear that it wasn't them. But, I didn't let the fear get to me for long. I needed to know. And so did everyone who has come this far with me. I took a quick glance behind me and felt relieved that they were all there.