Chapter 51

=Hiccup=

"What do we do now?" Anna, Elsa's sister, asked after the entire room went silent.

What we just discovered was a lot, and honestly, I don't think anyone knew what to do after all of this.

Lucky for us, the magical river of ice that we were in did.

Someone whistling caught our attention, it was from the ice. And.... no it can't be.

A younger version of my father with my mother, in the woods under the night sky?

And they weren't alone, too. It was younger versions of my godparents, aunts, uncles, Anna and Elsa's parents, Rapunzel's parents, Eugene's parents, Heather and Dagur's parents and Gobber. All of them were gathered around a bonfire together. And it was my dad that was whistling.

If this is a memory, then.... did they all know each other even before tonight?

I'll swim and sail on savage seas...

The memory of my father was singing, and so was my actual father that was standing here with us.

With never a fear of drowning...

If I didn't know better, I'd say he's serenading my mom. Both in the memory and here in reality.

I glanced around the room, and saw all the parents in here were into both the memory and the song.

Which is actually really sweet. I think Heather thinks so, too. We were standing side by side, and I felt her snuggle into me. Of course, I wrapped an arm around her and leaned my head on hers that was on my shoulder. I didn't really get the chance to greet her properly and tell her how much I missed her. But, the moment we were in now sufficed. We can express how much we miss each other later, when and where it's more private.

And gladly ride the waves of life
If you will marry me...
No scorching sun nor freezing cold
Will...

"Will stop me on my jour.....ney. Sorry." Gobber rudely interrupted, cowering a little once he realized what he'd done.

By now, the memory in the ice faded, and it was only my father's -the dad here in the chamber - voice which sounded across the ice. Everyone gave a glare to Gobber, for ruining the beautiful moment. But none as menacing as the one Dad gave him. Luckily, he recovered and continued the song.

If you will promise me your heart...

He took my mom's hand in his, but she wasn't moving. Or speaking. Or anything. Her eyes were so faraway.

And love...

After that, my father sighed in defeat. It hurt, I can tell. It didn't last long, though. Mom began singing the continuation of the song.

And love me for eternity...

I was already smiling once she began singing. She began walking towards the middle of the room. So did every other older couple here. Like they were taking formation of a dance. And that's just what happened as my mom continued singing.

My dearest one, my darling dear
Your mighty words astound me...

They locked arms, all the parents that were positioned in the middle of the chamber. And as my mothers voice got stronger, they all danced merrily and in sync.

But I'm no need of mighty deeds
When I feel you arms around me.

By now, all of them were joined in the singing. It was a harmony, that's for sure. Not exactly terrible, but not pleasant either. Still it was a really heartwarming sight.

But I would bring you rings of gold
I'd even sing you poetry...

Oh, would you?

And I will keep you from all harm
If you will stay beside me...

The men twirled the women before they waltzed them across the room. Even after all these years, they're still in love. I heard sniffling from beside me, and smiled at Heather crying happy tears as she watched her parents dance happily.

I'll have no use for rings of gold
I care not for your poetry
I only want your hand to hold

I only want you near me...

Gobber pulled us all to dance, and we did. It was pretty fun even if we all looked like idiots. It was a happy moment, I couldn't let that go to waste.

To love, to kiss, to sweetly hold
For the dancing and the dreaming
Through all life's sorrows and delights
I'll keep your love inside me
I'll swim and sail on savage seas
Never fear of drowning
And gladly ride the waves of life
If you will marry me...

"If you will marry meeeeeeeeee........ I'm stil goiiiiiiiiiiinnngggg. I'm done." Gobber dragged out the last line of the song.

And all of us were laughing, hard. That was really fun, and just what we needed.

We were all breathing hard from dancing, but it was worth it. Heather and I shared a hug and exchanged words of 'I missed yous' and 'I love yous', before we turned back to our parents who were tight in a group hug. The sight just made me smile wider.

Until a gasp echoed out of nowhere.

It came from Grand Pabbie. His eyes were wide, as if he just realized something. He gestured for Elsa and Jack to come to him with the book that Jack was holding. Curious, I walked towards them, with Heather right next to me.

"What is it?" I asked them.

"Seems like Pabbie just solved another part of the prophecy." Elsa replied to me.

"I remember your parents traveling the world together when they were young. Their travels were famous in their time. And I remember a line in the prophecy where this new world is to be ruled by adventurers who spent their younger years traveling all the corners of the world." Pabbie said as he flipped open the book to where the prophecy is.

He was right. Written on the page were the words;

"...Adventurers emerge wise.

A band of these adventurers, merry
Kings and queens of this new world, they shall be
When life so young, have conquered land, sky and sea
With magic's aide, shall emerge victoriously."

"Should we tell them?" Elsa asked.

"No, we cannot. In order for this prophecy to succeed, they must step up to the roles willingly when the time comes. And I have faith that they will. They are meant to be rulers while you, their children, are meant to be protectors. They have more wisdom and experiences in life, but you have more courage and fire in your hearts." Pabbie told us.

And we could only agree. I don't think they would take it too well if they knew.

"You got it, Pabbie." We all promised him.

"And speaking of which, there is still one piece left that must be resolved tonight." The old troll added.

He took Elsa and Jack's hands and led them to the crest that was in the middle of the chamber. They stood there in the middle, both of them confused about what the Troll King was going at. And so were we, everyone that turned their attention to the trio in the middle included.