Chapter 48

=Elsa=

"Answers. Now." Anna demanded.

With a big deep breath, I explained everything. The Man in Moon, the dreams, the prophecy that he told us, and why it was so important that we get to Ahtohallan tonight. It didn't take much time for me to explain it, which left more time for questions.

And it was kinda overwhelming, all these different questions being fired at you all at once.

"Guys, guys. Why don't you all just hear the prophecy so it all makes sense?" Jack interjected.

"Thank you." I thanked him in pure relief, and we read the prophecy from the book together out loud.

"Lightning clashes, thunder crashes
A song of power echoes through the night
A king and queen of power limitless
Guided by two souls, with love as their light

Blue and purple streak the night sky
As the king and queen, at last, unite
Their power of winter, snow and ice
Will set this prophecy alight

Death's curse will be reversed
Spirits will come together
A new world filled with wonder
At the height of magic's true power

The sun will bloom
The moon will rise
But darkness still looms
And a war will decide

Dragons become titans
Spirits become knights
Royalty become warriors
Adventurers emerge wise

A band of these adventurers, merry
Kings and queens of this new world, they shall be
When life so young, have conquered land, sky and sea
With magic's aide, shall emerge victoriously

This warning, this prophecy, you must heed
Darkness will summon an army, filled with greed
What's most important, be reminded constantly
And only then shall you succeed."

"Okay then, let's figure a few of it out." Hiccup began.

"We already did." Jack and I interrupted him.

"You did? How?" The Tooth Fairy asked.

"The King and Queen are me and Elsa, obviously. Elsa is famously known as the Snow Queen, and -not to brag -but I am the only other person, spirit or not, that can wield winter magic. It says so in the prophecy, so it makes sense. The two souls who guided us through love are Heather and Hiccup, hence why they experience similar visions to us. Their task in this prophecy was to guide us to each other." Jack elaborated.

"As for the Purple and Blue streaks in the night sky. Well....look up." I continued, pointing to the sky.

And realization flashed in all their eyes.

"It all happens tonight, guys. At least, all the major stuff." Jack told them, and I nodded in agreement.

"But, even with all of us going there together, we still won't be able to cross the Dark Sea. It's too dangerous." Tooth, from what Jack tells me is her nickname, reminded.

"And the Nokk is here. He's been trying to calm that sea for days, but to no avail." Honeymaren added.

"What do we do now?" Heather, Hiccup's girlfriend, asked.

I had an idea, but I don't know if it'll work. Without answering her question, I stepped out the castle gates and stopped in the middle of the bridge. The Nokk saw me, and I could only imagine how happy the stallion was to see me.

"I'm okay, boy. I'm fine." I assured him as his wet head nuzzled me from relief.

With my powers, frost covered his body. And he was able to walk on land. We both entered the castle again, with a full plan in mind. The memory of our first encounter as my inspiration.

"We're gonna fly there, that's for sure. Everyone in this courtyard is coming. Whatever answers it holds, everyone is involved. We'll use the river that goes north along Northuldra. It leads directly to Ahtohallan. The Nokk will try and calm the sea. The winds will be calmed by Gale. We'll fly there, but we stop on the beach. From there, wait for my signal." I instructed them.

And they all mounted up. The Guardians piled in Santa Claus' sleigh. Anna and Aunt Ariana on Peony, Kristoff and Uncle Richard on Whiteout. Rapunzel and Honeymaren on Callisto, Eugene and Edmund on Vesper. Ryder with Yelena and Pabbie on Misty, and Olaf was with Jack on Iceblade. All of us were now ready to go.

All of us waited on the water's edge as I transforned the Nokk back to his watery self. As soon as he took off, so did we.

==============================================

We made it to the beach in record time. The Nokk was standing along the shore, staring at the water. It was wild, unforgiving and dangerous. Which felt all too familiar. And it showed no sign of calming down like it did the year before. If he can't control it, best bet is contain it.

"So, what exactly is your plan?" Anna asked me.

"Ride through the waves, try not to drown and hopefully whatever crazy thing I'm about to do works." I just said.

I discarded my coat and my boots, leaving me in a sheer skirted long sleeves dress with leggings. I tightened my pony tail before I sprinted.

"Ready, Nokk?" I asked him.

And he neighed, saying he was ready. He was crouched down and ready to catch me.

And I took off. As soon as I hit the water, the Nokk was under me. But, our timing was way off. A wave wiped us out and I was underwater.

"Elsa!" I heard them yell before I capsized.

I washed up on the shore, all drenched. But I wasn't giving up.

I could see from my peripheral that they were about to stop me. But, thankfully, Jack stopped them. He's seen it before, so he knows I got this.

I went again, this time I was right on target. I was riding the Nokk already as we were far away from the coast. As we rode, I slowly turned his skin from water back to frost. From what I'm about to do, he's gonna need to be above the water. We dodged every wave we encountered, some closer than the last. It was clear that we were getting closer because it was getting more and more difficult to ride the waters.

"Gale, shoot me up!" I called out to the wind spirit.

He did as I said in the blink of an eye. I was tossed up from the Nokk's back into the black, thunderous sky. From the height he brought me up to, I could see everyone on the beach. And I'm sure they can see me.

Harnessing all the power that I can as I fell, I watched as the water came closer. And just as I was about to splash down, with a scream, I turned the entire Dark Sea into a thick layer of ice. The dark clouds dissipated, and the beautiful night sky could be seen. I can't believe that worked.

The ice stretched on for miles. And my castle can be clearly seen from where I was standing. It was glowing a bright blue -brighter than the last. We're getting closer. No time to waste.

I hopped back on the water horse and rode back to the beach.

Everyone looked at me in pure awe, except for one who looked at me with pride.

"Who's more powerful than who, now?" He teased, which actually made me laugh.

"You really wanna start this argument again now? Let's go." I said, and it was smooth ride from there.

I rode Angel, this time. Just because.

Out of nowhere, something totally unexpected happened. More like came from the River.

Ah ah Ah ah
Ah ah Ah ah

Suddenly, Manny's words came to me -the one about a song -and I knew exactly what to sing to trigger the resurrection that was about to happen.