Chapter 39

=Elsa=

I'm in my ice castle. The very first one that  I made three years ago. The one that was up on the North Mountain. Every detail and every piece of ice that I created with my own magic is the same as I remembered. Except, it looked like I just made it all in that moment. The balcony and the doors were still intact. There was no trace that I fought off Hans' soldiers in here. The chandelier was still hanging above me and didn't make a huge hole on the floor that I was standing on right now. Even the ice -it was glowing a bright blue. Neither an anxious yellow or a fearful red. The castle looked at peace, and it was actually confusing me a bit.

I could see my reflection in the ice -clear like a mirror. I was wearing my Snow Queen Dress -snow white with the crystals of the four elements embedded on it. With ice blue leggings, ice sandals and my platinum blonde hair down and swaying with the light winter breeze. Weird. In this castle, I wore my ice crystal blue dress with the slit, sheer cape with snowflakes, icy heels and my hair in a french braid with silver snowflakes. This is the dress that I wear in my other ice castle and current home -Ahtohallan.

I was in my chamber -the one at the top which had the large ice crystal chandelier and balcony that gives the most magnificent view of the sunrise from the fjords of Norway. I looked around and saw that I was alone. The castle looked pretty empty and it seemed that I was alone here once again. And yet, I didn't feel like I was.

"Hello?" I suddenly hear someone call out.

But, it was very faint that I might have misheard it as the wind blowing in through the castle. I started walking around, just to make sure that I was really alone here. From up in my chamber, I had a pretty good view of the rest of the castle. And just as I forethought, there's no one here. But, a nagging voice at the back of my head wouldn't relent. There was this annoying feeling in my gut that there was someone here. And, it was right.

I hear footsteps padding on the ice. It was by the staircase leading here. So, I went to check it out. Still, I didn't see anything unusual. But, I can still hear the footsteps. And they  were getting closer. I just went back to where I was standing and prepared myself for whoever -or whatever - was coming up to me. I took deep breaths to control  my emotions as to set the castle off with my magic.

I hear the footsteps - the sound like bare feet padding against the glassy ice -approach the doorway of my chamber. With one final deep breath, I turned to whoever was behind me. And I was seriously surprised to find....... him.

Hooded dark blue shirt with intricate frost on the collar, brown pants, barefoot, snow-pale skin, frosty white hair, hooked staff in hand and wintry blue eyes staring into mine in the same surprised manner. But before I could even comprehend what I should do next...

I woke up.

I was inside Hiccup's room, sleeping on the floor with Aaron, Nikolai and Hiccup. It was still pretty dark out, with a little light coming from the east. Everyone was still pretty much asleep. Even Valka, Stoick ans Gobber -Hiccup's mentor and Stoick's best friend- downstairs.

Yesterday was a pretty crazy day. Me and Valka were the center of the attention from the entire village. It was a pretty emotional day for Hiccup and his family since his parents got reunited which brought his aunt and uncle -Aaron's parents- to the island. It caused this big celebration in the village - the Haddock Family was back together. It was the happiest day in Hiccup's life. And I could tell by how his green eyes never stopped shining and his face never stopped smiling the entire time. It was a pretty grand party, that I actually enjoyed. I was with Hiccup and Aaron the whole time, who were radiating with happiness the entire time I was with them.

And yet, at the back of my mind, I was envious of him. What I wouldn't give to be reunited with both of my parents once again. To see them again standing and smiling before my eyes. To feel the warmth of their hug that I resisted myself from growing up because of my growing fear of my powers. To be able to tell them how much I was sorry for causing them all this trouble because of my powers, until they died.

I was pretty close to crying that night, with all these thoughts about my parents swimming again in my head, but Hiccup brought me back into the festive mood with a sweet and soft pastry called a butter parfait. I couldn't say no.

As for me, well. I was the curious stranger with a very close bond to the chief's son. As expected, Stoick recognized me right away. And it honestly felt good to know more people who knew my parents personally. I can't wait to tell Anna all these stories about our parents when they were young. He even knew about my powers, which is kind of a relief. And an even bigger one when I used it to show Stoick that my parents' wish for me to finally have some control over my powers is fulfilled. All I received was delight and wonder, and some relief since it was a pretty warm evening. I think the ones that got the most fun are the dragons. They love burying themselves in heaps of snow. Especially Toothless.

Despite all the depressing thoughts that sprung in my head, I had a pretty good time. And everyone, including me, went to sleep with smiles on our faces.

I was having a pretty dreamless sleep since I was pretty tired. Until I was dreaming of my ice castle. And.... him. He looked like he was looking for me before I woke up. Pretty sure it was his barefeet padding on the ice. It is frustrating though.

I woke up too early. I didn't even getbthe chance to ask him all these questions about him that have been buzzing in my mind ever since I get visions of him. I didn't even get the chance to ask his name.

Yelena once told me that dreams contain the answers to the questions we cannot answer in real life. But, this dream just left me with more unanswered questions that answered ones. And it's confusing me more than ever.

I need to clear my head.

If being with Hiccup these past few days taught me anything, it's that flying clears your head more than anything. And being with your best friend -aka your bonded dragon- up in the open sky, will. make your day more than anything will. Might as well give it a shot.

And the sunrise does look beautiful.

I crept down from the bedroom quietly, out the door and towards Angel who was sleeping soundly next to the other dragons at the back of the house. She must've recognized that I was coming because she was already up and rearing to go infront of me before I could even take my first step towards her sleeping spot.

In no time, we were up in the air and proving that Hiccup was right. If anything I could stay up here forever.