Chapter 46

=Elsa=
One step closer. I can feel it. It's getting stronger.

When I woke up this morning, I felt more rested than I ever did in a long time. It was like waking up from the first good night's sleep I've ever had.

I felt.... happy. I felt like I was looking forward to something good. Something great. And I can barely wait.

Here I am now, on my way home with all the new friends I made. On my way home to my family, and one step closer to answers.

The strangest thing happened, though. I was pretty well rested, but I somehow fell asleep on the flight I was crouched over Angel, my head resting on hers. And I fell asleep. The only reason I can think of is that I was getting close. But I didn't mind. I just let the sleep and the dreams take over.

There might be some things I should know beforehand. That, and I would take any excuse to dream after last night.

========================

Huh. Weird. I'm in a desert of ice and snow instead of the ice castle. Nothing but snow mounds and ice caps for miles. This must be the frozen tundra that Jack was telling me about last night. It is pretty much a winter wasteland. There are no signs of life here anywhere.

When Jack described it to me, he said it was always windy here. But, it wasn't. I can't hear nor feel even a light breeze. Everything is so still.

"Elsa?" A voice suddenly asked, one I know all too well now.

"Jack? You're here?" I turned and asked him.

He was standing right behind me. And as much as I was happy to see him again so soon, I was more confused.

"You're dreaming too?"

"Apparently, I am. One minute I was helping North feed the reindeers in the stables, and the next thing I know, I'm here. I must have passed out." Jack said.

"Me too. I was on my way to Arendelle when I suddenly felt so sleepy. Before I knew it, I'm standing here." I related.

"Is it weird that we dozed off in the middle of the day? And while we were actually doing something?" He asked as we began walking on the snow.

"Yeah. But, we are going to Ahtohallan the day after tomorrow, hopefully. We just discovered a faster route from where I am to my home which can get us there faster. Maybe it's something connected to that."

"Us, too. The Guardians are coming pretty soon now. Maybe later today. We're all gonna head to the River together, too. Hopefully around the same time you will."

"Maybe it's a warning." I guessed.

"Yeah. I mean, it seems like it's no coincidence that we're going there at the same time that this suddenly happens to us." He agreed.

"What do you think it means?"

"I don't know." He sighed.

"I can answer that." A new voice echoed from out of nowhere.

Before I could ask, a bright light came from the sky. And from it descended a man dressed in white robes, with dusty grey hair and beard, sky blue eyes and holding a staff with the crescent moon at the top.

He landed right in front of us.

"Man in Moon?" Jack asked after a beat.

"Wait, as in the heavenly guardian which chose you to be the fifth guardian?" I clarified.

"That I am, Fifth Spirit." The elder man answered.

"Woah." I said in awe, and so did Jack.

"Manny, what's going on?" Jack asked for the both of us.

"Is something wrong?" I added.

"Nothing is wrong, Elsa. Everything is going exactly as prophesized." He chuckled.

"What prophecy? Manny, you gotta give us definite answers here." Jack sighed, clearly frustrated.

"Very well, Jack. It seems that it's only fair. But, we don't have much time. So, I can only tell you the gist. The details you must figure out on your own together."

"Anything is better than none." I said..

"Okay. The prophecy is about a new world. And the only way to make that happen is if two powerful spirits connect and unite. Together with their allies, magic in the world will be preserved and safe from the forces of Darkness and Greed. They exist for wonder and light, so it must be protected. And with your powers together, it can be possible. But, be warned. Pitch is massing a vast army to take all magic from the world and use it for darkness. You must stop him. All magic has a source. You must find it and protect it."

"Like Ahtohallan?" I asked.

"Precisely. But there is more. There is the sundrop of your cousin, Elsa. The moonstone, which is protected by the Dark Kingdom your in law, Eugene, was the heir. I am aware that they were sent back to the heavens, but they have descended again, solely for the purpose of this prophecy. The dragons of this world are magic as well -the fire they create and the power they posses. Above all, the eternal bond they give -their loyalty is more powerful than any other creature. Last but not the least, the belief of children. You must work together to keep the childhood spirit alive. Still, there are many other sources of magic that you must find and protect, but these are the ones you must rely on to fulfill this prophecy. The world is counting on you both."

"How will we know when and where to begin?" Jack asked him.

"Do you remember the words of the Healing Incantation your cousin sings, Elsa?" Manny asked me.

"Let's see...
Flower Gleam and Glow
Let your powers shine
make the clock reverse
bring back what once was mine..." I sang, before he stopped me with his hand.

The next thing I know, he waved his staff. The ice beneath us started glowing. And it became crystal clear. I turned to him to see what is it that we were supposed to do. He just gestured to something on the ice.

I did as he wanted, and something caught my eye. Three bodies floating in the water beneath us. I focused on two of them that looked awfully familiar. When it finally hit me, I was crying.

"They're coming back to life? How? Why?" My voice was breaking as I asked the heavenly spirit.

"Their love was so strong, that it created you. And they were cruelly taken from their lives so young. And this new world needs their wisdom and guidance to flourish. They were once part of a merry group of adventurers that explored the world and learned more than anyone could in a mortal lifetime. And it is what the new world needs." He just said.

"But, that's impossible. No one has ever been brought back to life and still remained mortal." Jack said.

"It is. But this is a something that involves the whole world. They were never meant to die, which is why they are brought back. The world needs them, and their compatriots, just as much as they need the two of you." He smiled.

"Where will they resurrect?" I asked him.

"Where are the two of you headed after you wake up?" He just smirked.

Jack and I gasped.

"But, you both need to trigger it to happen." He added.

"With what?" We asked at the same time.

"What do you think started you on this quest?" He was cryptic, but I already knew the answer.

"W-What would we even sing?" I asked him.

"You'll figure it out. It came to you before. It'll come to you again." He just winked.

And with a snap of his fingers, the icy desert vanished.

And all I could see was my bedroom in the Arendelle castle with my family and friends crowding around my bed, all looking worried.