Chapter 52

=Jack=

Pabbie led me and Elsa towards the middle of the room. I could feel everyone's eyes on us. And if I could sweat, my palms would be drenched by now from how nervous I was getting. I didn't even know what was going on.

"Pabbie, what is it? What's going on?" Elsa asked him for the both of us.

"You both have come very far, and here you are now. But after reading the prophecy with my own eyes, there is something missing. Something you two haven't accomplished." He began.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"The King and Queen of Limitless power must unite, on this night with Blue and Purple streaking the sky. Only then can the true magic of this sacred river be unleashed." He told us.

"What do you mean by unite? We already met in person. We're here, together." I pointed out, and Elsa nodded agreeing with me.

The old troll just shook his head and chuckled. Elsa and I shared a confused glance before we turned back to him.

"Why do you think that love had never happened to you both before? Why do you think your memories can be seen by the other? Why else would you be so happy when you finally met, both in dreams and real life? Why do you think you connect and bond so easily, and mere seconds after just meeting? And why do you think your powers are the same?" He asked us.

And I was still confused. So was Elsa. Because of that, Pabbie just sighed.

"A King and Queen uniting is another word for falling in love. These things happening to you are all because the two of you are destined for each other. All of your loneliness, longing and sacrifices brought you both to this point. You both wanted to fall in love before, but didn't know how. You struggled with other to make your connection easier. Your love fueling your power is what is going to help us win the war. And, it would mean that the two of you will never be truly alone anymore." Pabbie said to us, a huge smile on his face.

No. It can't be. What? Why? Damn, I'm so confused.

"Don't fight it, you two. Embrace it. Welcome it. Accept that feeling in your hearts. You deserve it after everything you've been through." He finally said as he joined our hands together -hers in mine -before he left us alone right there in the middle of the crest.

Elsa told me that the troll was all knowing. I barely believed it when she first told me. But, after hearing the guy talk about us like that, I'm starting to believe it. And it made so much sense now. It was the answer I was looking for, but somehow a part of me doesn't want to accept it.

I've always regarded her as a great and true friend, even though we just met like two days ago. The thought of falling in love with her never even crossed my mind. Sure, I think she's beautiful, fearless, intelligent, strong, independent, and is often overlooked because of her reserved personality. I would never. She's spent most of her life alone, like me. And knows what it's like to prefer being alone more than anything.

Besides, I don't know the first thing about love. Family love, yes. But, romantic, no. I've lived for 300 years, flirted here and there, but I've never fallen in love before. And now that I'm thrown with this, I have no idea what to do.

"Do you think he's right? All of this happened so that we can fall in love, be together, not feel alone anymore and win this war we're about to face?" Elsa asked me.

I could see in her sapphire eyes that she was just as confused and doubtful about this as I was.

"I don't know. The war part is about right. But, the falling in love and meant to be part, I don't really know the answer. And what did he mean by 'don't fight it'?"

"I'm guessing whatever we're feeling about each other -that twisting whirlwind of emotions in our chests that.... pulls me to you." Her voice dropped to a whisper as our eyes connected.

"Yeah. But, it's all so confusing, right?" My voice mirrored hers as I felt my face leaning closer to hers.

"Yeah. I've never been in love before. So, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do or say." Her face was getting closer.

"Me neither. Maybe, let's just go with the flow and see where this leads." I suggested, my face centimeters from hers.

She just nodded as she closed the distance between us, our lips meeting. Finally.

I never realized how much I wanted to kiss her until I felt her lips on mine.

It was sweet, it was exhilarating. It was beyond all those words. It was better than flying with the wind. Her lips were soft and warm, tasting like chocolate and peppermint which have now suddenly become my two favorite flavor. I felt my entire being come alive, as if my powers were surging through my veins.

Elsa was about to pull away, but I deepened the kiss. I wanted to make the most of this moment. Lucky for me, she responded equally, and I feel like I just went to heaven. Because I am kissing an angel. Her hand wound around my neck while mine rested on her back. My eyes were closed the entire time, each second filled with bliss and that hole in my heart slowly filling up.

Nothing else mattered in that moment. I don't think I would've cared if the glaciers suddenly collapsed or the storm outside was getting stronger. Kissing her felt like.... everything was falling into place. It's like I was meant to be there, with her. I couldn't hear or care about anything else other than hearing our heart beats sound in the same rhythm and the feel of her lips on mine -as if it was what I've been waiting for all my life.

When we finally pulled away, the gasps that chorused in the room are what brought me back to reality. And I can see why. Elsa's dress transformed from am ethereal white with long sleeves to a midnight blue that really compliments her true beauty. The dress looked like it was barely covering her, but it still looked elegant and stunning. With a slit on her right leg which leaves little to imagination, a shimmering white cape, golden brooches placed on both sides of her waist -which attach to the cape like an outer skirt - and her bodice which match the necklace on her neck and the tiara on her platinum blonde hair that was cascading down her back in silky waves -she looks like a true goddess of winter now. Like she was always meant to be the Snow Queen.

"Wow!" I breathed out as I took in her beautiful image.

"I could say the same about you." She said back.

At first I was confused, but she conjured up a mirror to clear things up. And I saw what she was seeing.

My signature hoodie and brown pants were gone, replaced by royal robes similar in color scheme to Elsa's dress. Midnight blue shirt with silver buttons, gloves and boots in the same color. A lighter blue shade cape with the silver badge of the moon holding it in place. Snow white pants and a royal blue belt with a silver buckle. Not just that, my usually messy white hair is swept up into a sophisticated quaff. It's still a little messy -like it was windswept. But, still pretty fancy for me. If it weren't for the staff in my hand, I would've thought the guy in the mirror was Elsa's Snow King and not me.

"What happened?" I asked them, Elsa and I pulling away, as we took a good look at what changed with our outfits.

"When you kissed, sparkling snowflakes circled around both of you, transforming your clothes. And after that, a bright light radiated off of you and almost blinded us before it became a beam and shot up into the sky. From what I can tell, the storm outside finally passed." Hiccup told us.

Elsa and I shared a look before we turned to Pabbie, who had a knowing smile on his face.

Lesson learned: the troll knows everything, but let's you figure it out yourself.

And as if what happened to me and Elsa wasn't enough to add to the list of surprises tonight.

All the dragons burst through the entrance, panicked and panting.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Heather asked them.

Not one of us in the room ever expected that they would reply -and by reply I mean actually talking with words and a human voice.

"A Tsunami is headed this way!" Toothless told us, while the rest were still panting.

Wait, what?