Chapter 17

===Heather===

Darkness. It's all I could see. I could hear voices all around me, feel something soft underneath me, and experience pain in places I havr never felt before. I tried to move, but I only ended up groaning in pain. Which caused the voices to be replaced by footsteps approaching me.

What happened to me?

Last I checked, I was singing at the top of my lungs on a ledge made of ice on the farthest cliff of the island -in the northeast. Following a sparkling flurry of snowflakes, hearing music from the distance, and seeing visions of ships, dragons and a war. Not to mention, the lightning and thunder that came from miles away that I heard as if it were just in the next island.

I opened my eyes to find my father, my brother and my future sister-in-law looking at me worriedly. But, where was Stoick, Marvick, Hubert and Edmond?

"Heather! Thank Thor you're awake. You've been sleeping for four days! You passed out after you sang that song. Man, that was magical. Didn't know you had it in ya, sis. " Dagur exclaimed in relief.

Wait, I was asleep for 4 days?

I just sang. How did magical snoflakes forming visions and a voice calling me from the Northeast drain me like I've been feasted by a swarm of fruit bats?
But, that wasn't my first concern.

"Where's Stoick and...?" I could barely ask as my throat was dry as a bone.

"They went back to Berk. It was Hiccup." My father answered, and my eyes widened.

"What happened? Is he okay?"

Mala handed me a glass of water before Dagur answered my questions.

"He's fine. We just got the message this morning. Apparently, he experienced the same thing you did, and is currenlty resting and awake now. He also said that, according to their village healer, Gothi, Hiccup is taking a journey to the River of Memories to look for answers. And she advises you to do the same. The two of you will meet there so there's no need to head to Berk first." Dagur told me, which reassured me a little.

The River of Memories? The one in the lullaby the voice was singing to me?

It makes sense though. The song was about the River of Memories. It's only reasonable I go there for answers.

Then, a guard entered the tent.

Tent? Huh, how come I only noticed that now?

"Your Majesty. My lords and lady, you have a visitor -the son of the chief of the Bog Burglars of Lava Lout Island." The guard announced as Skylar walked in from behind me.

And that made me smile. It felt great to see a familiar face.

"Skylar! Long time, no see brother!" Dagur greeted him with a bone crushing hug.

Literally. I think I heard a few of his ribs crack.

"Great to see you too, Dagur." He managed to get out before Dagur let him go.

"My, my, Skylar. You're looking well. You almost look like your father." Dad greeted him with a hand on his shoulder.

"Thanks, Oswald." He just said, looking a little awkward.

And I would agree. I saw Hubert, and he looks very different from Skylar.

"Before I forget, I would like you to meet my beautiful bride-to-be, Mala. The Queen of this island and the Queen of my heart." Dagur introduced, and Skylar's jaw dropped to the ground.

Yeah. I had a similar reaction when I first found out.

"Nice to meet you, Mala. And congratulations to the both of you." Skylar managed to get out, putting on a fake smile that the couple don't seem to notice.