2

It was now hundreds of years later, no one knows what happened to the forest, or what happened to the people in it, it remains a mystery to this day.

No one knows what the humans had done to them, or if the humans killed the them or kept them hostage.

But now, we are hundreds of years later, where everything has changed. No humans bother the Mobains, ever since that blue hedgehog saved there planet.

This is where the story truly begins my friend...

"Absolutely not, I refuse to work with that imbecile of a hedgehog!" Shadow growled as he sat in Commanders office, with his arms crossed together, and his classic glare pointing towards the Commander.

"It's not that long of a mission, all your doing is investigating the Millah forest legend, " Commander said, as he wrote something on a sticky note. "Here's Sonics number, I've already gave him yours-"

"You gave him my number!?" Shadow yelled, his glare increasing.

"Yes I did, now quit complaining and get your ass out there, and get ready for your mission!" Commander yelled as he pointed at the door, with a slight glare on his face.

Shadow huffed, and stormed out. He couldn't believe Commander would make him work with the most annoying person in the world!

Shadow stared at the sticky note with Sonics number, and sighed. No way he could get out of this now.

He pulled out his phone and seen he had already received a text from a unknown number, he assumed it was Sonic and read it.

'Hey Shads! It's Sonic here.' The text said.

Shadow sighed and wrote a reply.

'Hey. You ready for the mission?' He texted.

'Yup! I'll be there soon!' Sonic texted back to Shadow.

Shadow put his phone away and walked to the area they were told to meet at. It was the entrance to GUN HQ.

Sonic ran into the entrance with a smile, and went over to Shadow. Shadow looked at him slightly annoyed.

"Hey Shads! So guess we got to head out to this temple?" Sonic asked, getting straight to the point, knowing Shadow didn't like having long conversations.

Shadow nodded. "Yeah. Its gonna take about two days to get there, so we can do research on the way there." Shadow said.

Sonic nodded and smiled. "Okay!"

Shadow hated how happy and over excited to blue hedgehog always was, it annoyed the hell out of Shadow, he couldn't stand him.

Sonic on the other hand, only wanted to be Shadows friend, but it was hard when Shadow was always so grumpy, it lead Sonic to wonder if there was a stick up his butt.

They had to wait for about twenty minutes in complete silence until the car they were using to get there finally arrived.

They both got into the backseat of the car, and the man in the driver seat began to drive to there destination.

Shadow pulled out his laptop and started to make a few notes from what he's collected from Commander.

Sonic sat bored next to Shadow, being quiet as he played with the wrist of his gloves, hating the awkward silence.

After a long, silent, two hour drive, they arrived to a hotel they would be staying at for the night. Shadow and Sonic were forced to share a room, which Shadow wasn't very fond of.

Once they got to the room, they only saw one bed, no couch, which meant they'd have to share a bed, or one had to sleep on the uncomfortable cold floor.

'You have to be kidding me...' Shadow thought to himself, as he put down his bags.

Sonic didn't say a word, and awkwardly looked at Shadow, who didn't look very happy.

Shadow sighed. "Looks like we're sharing a bed..." he spoke.

Sonic bit his lip, and nodded. "Yeah..."

'Just great...' They both thought.