25

Shadow got his coffee then went out the shop and started to head home. He held the girls hand as she walked beside him.

They went into the forest where Shadows house was, they were nearing his house. Amy was close behind them.

Shadow suddenly felt a aching pain in his back and a sudden push that sent him face first into the ground, gasping as he lost his breath for a moment there.

Mars squeaked as she dodged the hammer being swung at her as well, she started to run towards the house that was in front of them. It had been Shadows house. Mars was hoping there was a phone in there so she could call for help to get this attack out of here and both her and Shadow to safety.

The hammer struck Shadow again in the back as he made another gasp. The sound of bones cracking could be heard every time Amy slammed her hammer down upon him.

Mars broke into the house with the key that was hidden under the mat and ran into the kitchen. She happened to find a phone and went to it and dialed 911 immediately.

"911 what is your emergency?" A lady asked, who worked as the 911 operator.

"I'm being attacked! And so is Shadow! This pink hedgehog came out of no where with a big hammer and started swinging it at us! Please get here soon!" Mars said in a panic into the phone, hoping Shadow was going to make it alive. She told the lady on the phone the address of where they were and police started to head straight to the address.

"The estimated time of them coming is about five minutes, please stay in the phone with me and stay distance from the attack." The lady spoke.

"Okay..." Mars said, she was worried about Shadow but listened to the lady.

Amy kept swinging her hammer down on Shadow, she failed to notice the sound of the sirens of the police and ambulance speeding into the forest.

Shadow had lost consciousness a bit ago, it was surprising that he was still breathing at this very point.

The lady on the phone was right on point, they arrived in five minutes. The police jumped out the car and held their guns out, pointing them at Amy.

"Stop it! Lower you hammer or we shoot!" A police men said as he sent a glare at Amy.

Amy seen the guns and quickly lowered her hammer, not wanting to get shot. She stepped away from Shadow, who was still unconscious and in horrific pain.

A police as behind Amy and took her into custody, putting handcuffs on her wrist and putting her in the back of his police car.

Paramedics came out of the ambulance and put Shadow on a stretcher, and rushing him into a ambulance to get him to the hospital.

They but a oxygen mask on him as they started to do compressions to help his heart rate rise, since it was in a dangerously low state.

The ambulance drove away, which left the police with the girl. The police went into the house and went to the girl.

The girl had hung up with the operator when the police had came and brought the attacker into custody.

The police brought the girl to the hospital, so she could be with Shadow. They were going to leave her with another adult once they got there. Usually when a patient is in severe injury they will call someone from their emergency contact to come to the hospital, to which they did.

They contacted Rouge who sped to the hospital like a crazy women. They didn't give her any details if Shadow was alive or what even happened all they said is that it was bad and she needed to be to the hospital immediately.

Rouge was scared for Shadow, not even having time to process any of this. She just prayed he was okay, and when she got there he would still be alive and in good condition, well I mean, good condition on where he's not just going to end up dying at any given moment...

Because no one would want that.