12

Shadow had eventually found his way out of the temple, he unfortunately had no information from anything inside the temple to show Rouge or Sonic.

Rouge was a bit tick off that he had nothing to show them, considering he was in there for so much time. But they always have tomorrow.

Shadow hasn't told them about the flash back he had, he didn't know how he would explain they wild flash back to them.

Sonic was honestly just glad Shadow hadn't got lost and was safe and with them. He was more concerned about him being safe then some information that meant nothing to him at the moment.

They eventually got back to the hotel. Shadow and Sonic were in there rooms relaxing from the long day they had just had.

"Do you think, this is all worth it?" Shadow asked in a hushed tone, looking down at the ground as he bit his lip.

Sonic raised a brow and tilted his head to the side. "What do you mean?" The blue hedgehog asked, not understanding what he meant.

Shadow sighed. "Finding this forest! It sounds ridiculous! It's all just a myth and we're wasting our times! Why does everyone care about a dumb forest!" Shadow said out of frustration.

That flash back Shadow had made him more confused about his past. Shadow didn't understand if that really happened, or what it was about. He was just getting sick of this mission.

Sonic stayed quiet for a few moments then sighed. "Well, they want to be able to determine if the story is a myth or not. We keep finding more proof that it isn't." The azure hedgehog replied.

"Am I not understanding something? It's just a dumb fucking forest that means nothing!" Shadow growled out of frustration.

"Shadow calm down." Sonic spoke calmly as he grabbed Shadows hand, looking him in the eyes. "We will be out of this mission soon, I promise, but we can't give up. Will find a way to this forest, and we will figure everything out... together!" The blue hedgehog said, as he looked him in the eyes.

Shadow looked back into his eyes, he slowly held his hand back and nodded. "Fine, I trust you." He replied.

Sonic smiled sweetly. "Great!" He giggled and pecked him on the lips.

Shadow eyes widened for a moment, and blushed a bit from what Sonic did, to which Sonic giggled at his reaction.

"What? The ultimate life form is embarrassed of being kissed?" Sonic giggled with a wide smile, as he moved his hands over and pinched Shadows cheeks. "So cute when you blush, redder then Knuckles!" He giggled.

Shadow rolled his eyes and looked away from him as his cheeks grew redder. "I am not." He muttered, as he crossed his arms together.

"Then kiss me." Sonic replied, as he stopped pinching his cheeks, looking him in the eyes, giving him a daring smirk.

"What?! No!" Shadow said as he shook his head, keeping his arms crossed, looking away from him in embarrassment.

"Wimpy wimp!" Sonic giggled. "Won't kiss your rival! Ha, only proves your the real faker—" Sonic started to say, but was interrupted when Shadow suddenly kissed him.

Sonic eyes widened for a moment before he melted into the kiss, kissing back as his muzzle began to form a blush.

Shadow felt Sonic kissing back which made his heart beat a bit faster, kissing him passionately, this happened to be his first kiss.

Sonic kissed back passionately and affectionately, this happened to be his very first kiss as well. The blue hedgehog couldn't believe Shadow actually kissed him, he was only messing around with him.

Eventually the two pulled back from the kiss and panted softly well looking into each other's eyes. They seemed to both have the same look of disbelief upon there faces.

"Wow..." Sonic said as soon as he caught his breath, speechless.

"Wow what?" Shadow asked, tilting his head to the side, not knowing why he said wow.

"I didn't expect you to be a good kisser..." Sonic replied, as a small smile formed on his face. "But what's not to expect from you? I mean, you did kiss me out of the blue."

"That's because you pushed me to." Shadow replied with a huff. "But you seemed to enjoy it, so I don't see why your complaining."

"I'm not complaining, I was just saying it was unexpected." Sonic replied with a smile.

"So you like things unexpected, right?" Shadow asked as he looked Sonic in the eyes.

"Depends on what it is exactly." Sonic replied, as he looked Shadow back in the eyes, not getting on what he was implying.

"I love you." Shadow whispered to the azure hedgehog, looking into his eyes, biting his lip softly, scared of how Sonic would reply.

Sonic eyes widened a bit. "W-what?!"