13

"Are you joking?" Sonic asked, now in a serious tone. His heart was racing as questions filled his mind, this was all just so sudden and out of the blue. He never saw this coming considering Shadow never given the slightest hint of liking him at all.

Shadow slowly shook his head. "I'm being a hundred percent serious." The ebony hedgehog replied, his lip quivering a bit from the nervousness he was feeling.

Sonic was speechless, not knowing how to respond, looking into Shadows crimson red eyes. He couldn't believe this was reality.

Shadow looked back into his emerald green eyes, his crimson eyes holding a shudder of nervousness and embarrassment.

Sonic bit his lip, and looked down at their hands, seeing they were still holding hands. "I love you too." The blue hedgehog whispered, as he slowly looked up at the ebony hedgehog.

Joy filled the ebony hedgehogs body as a smile started to form on his face, looking into the others eyes, his nervousness and embarrassment fading away quickly.

Sonic seen his smile, causing a smile of his own to form on his face, looking into his eyes. Sonic then let go of Shadows hand and gave Shadow a hug.

Shadow smile widened a bit as he hugged back, he moved his hand up to Sonics quills and began to caress it gently.

Sonic purred in response to Shadow caressing his quills, snuggling up to Shadow, nuzzling his face into Shadows chest fur happily.

Shadow smiled and nuzzled up to the top of Sonics head, caressing his quills as he listened to his adorable purrs.

Eventually the two fell asleep cuddled up with each other, sleeping peacefully with each other's presence. None of them expected this to have ever of happened in their life time, but that's what makes it very special.