8

The next morning Shadow and Sonic both got up and got ready for the mission, like they've been doing most of these days now.

Shadow hoped Rouge found more information last night, considering Rouge had told Shadow she would. Shadow wanted this mission to end as soon as possible.

Sonic looked at Shadow, as he stood by the door. "Ready?" Sonic asked the ebony hedgehog, as he stood at the door.

Shadow nodded and went over to him. "Ready." He replied, looking at Sonic. He couldn't get last night out of his head, them holding hands? It just blew his mind.

Sonic had felt the same way, not able to believe the fact Shadow let him hold his hand without lashing out at him, and potentially hurting him.

Sonic smiled brightly and opened the door, going through first. Shadow went through after and shut the door behind them. The two went out to the exit and went out to where Rouge was waiting for them.

"Hey boys! How was your guys rest?" Rouge asked with a smile, waving at them. She was gonna talk to Shadow privately about what she had found.

"Good!" Sonic replied with a smile, waving back, being in a good mood. Shadow was in a better mood as well and nodded, agreeing with Sonic that their rest was good.

Rouge smiled and nodded. "That's good. I think we might find more information today. I just feel positive about it." Rouge said with a smile.

Sonic nodded in agreement. "Couldn't agree more. I have a feeling the universe is on our side today! Hopefully I'm right on that!" He giggled with a bright smile.

Rouge made a small laugh, and nodded in agreement. "Of course! I think we can all hope your right on that!" The white bat replied, hope gleaming in her eyes.

Sonic nodded with a smile, then looked up at Shadow. "Right Shads?" He asked the ebony hedgehog, who seemed to have been spaced out.

Shadow snapped out of his thoughts and nodded. "Yeah!" He replied, having absolutely no clue on what in the hell they were just talking about.

Rouge and Sonic didn't seemed to have noticed that he had no idea what they were talking about at all. They thought he was paying attention the hole time and truly believed the universe was on their side today.

Rouge hoped the information she had collected would correctly fit what her thoughts lead to, and would hopefully actually work.

They soon got to the temple after they drove there. None of them have argued yet today, which was a good thing.

Sonic was checking the perimeter like Rouge asked him to. Rouge had asked Sonic to do that so she could get Shadow alone and tell him about the information she had found.

Rouge pulled Shadow over and looked at him. Shadow looked back at her and raised a brow, wondering why she pulled him over.

"I have information I found about the temple that might help us." Rouge spoke in a quiet manner, not wanting sonic to come over and get in on the conversation.

Shadow tilted his head to the side and raised a brow. "You did? What is it?" Shadow replied back in a quiet voice, hearing Rouge was being quiet.

"I managed to pull of these articles that were never published to the public, nor ever finished. It talked about how to open the temple and a bit about what happened to these Mobians who lived in the forest." Rouge replied, as she handed him the articles she had printed off the night before.

Shadow read through them, and raised a brow. "How are we going to get in then? It said it needs a certain voice, in a ancient language." Shadow asked quietly, as he looked up at Rouge.

"Well, I think I might have a idea on who the voice is." Rouge replied quietly, as she looked up at Shadow.

"Who? Who is it?" Shadow asked quietly, wondering who it was.

"What if your the missing key?" Rouge asked the ebony hedgehog. Rouge pulled up a book she brought about the temple and flipped through it to a certain page in the book.

Shadow looked at her in disbelief. "How would I be the missing key? Do I look like a key? And I can't even speak a different language! Theres no way!" Shadow spoke sarcastically.

"I never said that, but maybe they didn't mean a actually key like that, it says here the key holds chaos energy running through it, the door will open once the source has come closed in contact, and has said the message written beneath the door." Rouge said, as she pointed to the message in the book they were reading.

"Then where is this mystery door? And what's behind it?" Shadow asked, as he looked down at the book.

"I'm not sure, but where ever it is, and what ever is behind it... may reveal something about the forest, and what happened to it." Rouge replied.