7

They had no luck in finding anything. They went back to the hotel and went to their rooms. Sonic went and made himself a snack, being a bit hungry from working.

Shadow was frustrated, this whole mission was giving him loads of stress he definitely doesn't need, especially right now.

Shadow laid down on the bed, giving out a soft sigh. He closed his eyes, letting thoughts flow through his head.

Rouge was in her own room doing more intense research. She found a interesting article that had never been released to the public, she raised a brow and began to read.

Hundreds of Mobians captured from Millah Forest! Now being hold hostage by the military. They are planning to move forward in this and start using them as science experiments, to test out products, medicine, and ect. Subject 126 is planning to be moved up to the ARK, being used as a experiment.

Rouge tried to find the rest of the Article but it was never finished. She hummed as reread the part about the ARK, it made her wonder a few things...

Wasn't Shadow a experiment on the ARK?

What if that was Shadow?

Is Shadows past all a lie?

What is the truth?

Rouge didn't know what to think anymore. She decided to dig into Shadows past, maybe something will come up in there that will explain something. She knew it was ridiculous to do, but it's always worth a try.

Rouge went and clicked on Shadows information, she went and hacked into the system, and began to read the part she had missed looking at when she read on this before.

Shadow The Hedgehog: Subject 126| looks to be around 12-15 years old. Refuses to speak. Currently just got Black Dooms blood put into his DNA. Seems to be reacting well, gained new powers, all including Chaos Energy. With Black Dooms blood in his systems, he will officially become immortal. Hopefully his blood will be able to cure sicknesses, that's the main goal.

Rouge was completely and utterly shocked, she couldn't believe the past Shadow knew was all a lie. She couldn't find anything else from his files.

Rouges mind raced with thoughts. She went into the temple's information and started looking up articles for that, wondering if there was something that could help.

Rouge found a article called 'The Voice', she seen it was about the temple and clicked on it, and began to read what was given to read. It wasn't a finished article, and was never published.

Millah Temple will only opens its door to a certain voice. It must speak a ancient language no one would understand. From the power above it will either grant you entrance, or decline your request, depending on who you are.

Rouge wondered if they found out what exactly they had to say, and if Shadow said it, if maybe the temple would open its doors. Considering Shadow was alive around the time Millah forest was still alive, it lead her to believe that Shadow would be the key to open the temple.

Rouge sighed and put away her laptop, she laid down in bed and decided to ask Shadow in the morning, she closed her eyes and went to bed.

Meanwhile in Shadows and Sonics room, Sonic had finished up the snack he made himself and went over and laid down next to Shadow, turning off the light before he laid down. You could still see in the darkness even if the light was turned off.

Shadow looked over at Sonic, he made a little frown and avoided eye contact. Sonic noticed and tilted his head to the side.

"I'm sorry for acting so childish today." Shadow muttered quietly to Sonic, looking him back up in the eyes.

"It's okay, I understand." Sonic replied. He put a hand on Shadows hand and held it. "It's stressful right now, I don't expect you to hold it all back. I know you probably feel overwhelmed and it's okay, I'm here for you."

Shadow blushed a bit from Sonic holding his hand, but slowly held his hand back and nodded. "Thank you..."

Sonic blushed a bit, feeling Shadow hold his hand back, and nodded. "Your welcome. Now let's get some rest! We got another big day tomorrow! Wouldn't wanna be tired!" Sonic said with a cheerful smile.

Shadow made a nod and kept holding Sonics hand, resting his head on his pillow. Shadow still looked into Sonics eyes, he felt this weird feeling again.

Sonic blushed more, holding Shadows hand back, as he looked back into Shadows crimson red eyes. Sonic felt the weird feeling again as well.

"Goodnight." Shadow whispered quietly to the azure hedgehog across from him, still holding his hand.

"Goodnight." Sonic whispered back to the ebony hedgehog across from him, holding his hand back, having a smile on his face.