4

Shadow and Sonic were back in the car, silently sitting as they were being drove to the next hotel. The hotel was far away, so they had a while until they got there.

Shadow and Sonic glanced at each other from time to time, Sonic was still embarrassed about earlier, but none of them brought the topic back up.

Sonic played with the wrist of his glove in boredom, having nothing else better to do. Shadow stared out the window, bored as well.

Hours and hours passed by in silence, once they got to the next hotel it was already night time. Shadow and Sonic were already expecting only having one bed again, which they were correct about.

They put there stuff in the room, and went back to taking notes, and doing research about the abandoned forest.

"Hey Shads, it says here that the forest was apparently you need some sort of key to enter the temple." Sonic said, as he pointed to it in the book they were reading.

Shadow took the book and read it. "Commander didn't say anything about a key..." Shadow said as he handed the book back.

"Maybe it's because he didn't do any research." Sonic replied, looking back in the book.

Shadow sighed, and got out his phone, messaging Commander about the key they need to get into the temple.

Commander received the message, and read it, he made a groan of annoyance. He didn't want this mission to be long, but now that they have to find a key, it's gonna make it longer then it could of been.

Commander just said the do more research on the key and find it, and to get back to him once they did.

Shadow texted a quick okay, and put away his phone.

"He said to do research about it, and once we find it, to contact him." Shadow said, looking at Sonic.

Sonic nodded, and looked back down at his book, reading furthermore about the temple. It seemed that the temple contained pictures that told a story, which Sonic thought was pretty interesting.

Shadow wondered if the key could just be hidden around the temple, he thought it would be like a key to get into a house.

Sonic thought it was like a key pad, where you entered in a password, and the door would open for you if you entered in the correct password.

Neither of them would know for sure until they got to the temple and looked around. They weren't too far from the temple, maybe at least a hour away, it was night time at the moment so they couldn't go right now.

They did more research and they couldn't find anything about the key. They gave up after a hour or so and got ready for bed.

Shadow went over to the desk of the room, and plugged in his laptop, then went back to the bed and laid down.

"Goodnight." Shadow said with a small yawn, looking over at Sonic.

"Goodnight." Sonic replied with a smile, as he turned off the light, then laid down in bed, happily.

Shadow closed his eyes, and fell asleep quickly, Sonic on the other hand was paranoid again. He did the same thing as the night before, and wrapped his arms around Shadow, resting his head on Shadows chest fur, causing him to purr, feeling his fluffy, warm, chest fur against his face.

Sonic closed his eyes, purring, as he fell asleep peacefully, having a goods night rest. He smiled in his sleep, being comfortable.

The next morning, Sonic was the first to awaken. He smiled, and got off Shadow, blushing slightly, he then stretched, and then made himself and Shadow breakfast.

Shadow woke up to some noise, and opened his eyes. He looked and seen Sonic making him and himself some cereal.

"Morning." Sonic said with a smile.

Shadow sat up and stretched. "Morning." He replied, as he fixed his quills.

Sonic went over to the table with the bowls, and sat down. Shadow went over after he got up, and sat down across from Sonic.

Sonic smiled. "I hope you like Captain Crunch, it's the only thing I packed." Sonic said, before he began to eat.

"A child's cereal? Bound to be good." He said, as he took a bite.

"It's not a child's cereal." Sonic replied with a playful eye roll.

Shadow chuckled. "It's clearly for kids. I mean, look at the advertisements, it's advertised for a younger viewer." He replied.

"And it taste delicious, no debate on that." Sonic chuckled as he took another bite.

"Because it's full of sugar." Shadow replied, as he looked at the box of the cereal.

"Yeah yeah whatever you say Shads." Sonic replied as he kept eating.