24

Shadow was currently walking to the cafe to get his coffee. Rouge and Sonic had both went home after the whole incident had happened.

Shadow got odd stares from people but just ignored them as he walked to the cafe, on his way there he was stopped by a little girl.

"Mister Shadow! Is it true that your dating the hero Sonic?" The little girl asked curiously, looking up at Shadow with wide and curious eyes.

Shadow couldn't help but make a small smile. "Yes, I am with Sonic." The ebony hedgehog replied to the little girl.

The little girl smiled. "That's amazing to hear mister Shadow! I'm happy for you!" The little girl congratulated him.

Shadow took a closer look at the girl and noticed she was wearing dirty ripped clothing and was all full of dirt, he immediately got concerned.

"Hey, what's your name?" Shadow asked the little girl in front of him, staying calm.

"My names Mars." The little girl replied to Shadow, making a small smile.

"Where's your parents?" Shadow asked Mars with a raised brow, looking at her with now a concerned look.

"I don't... I don't have any." Mars replied honestly as she looked down for a moment with a sad sigh. "I had just escaped the orphanage and I been out here alone." Mars ears dropped a little. "No one wanted to adopt me, and I was sick of waiting. The orphanage is horrible." The little girl began to tear up.

Shadow gasped and hugged the girl immediately. "Shh it's okay, don't cry now. I'm here now, don't worry." The ebony hedgehog spoke as he hugged the girl.

Mars sniffles and hugged back. "Y-Your willing to help me?" The little girl stuttered a bit out of disbelief.

Shadow smiled and nodded. "Of course. I wouldn't want you running around here alone, that's not safe for a child your age. I'll take you in." The ebony hedgehog said to her with a smile. "How does that sound?" He asked.

Mars began to cry again, but this time it was tears of joy. "Thank you! Thank you so much." She hugged him again and cried happily into his shoulder.

Shadow smiled and hugged back. "No need to thank me." He replied.

People had overheard their conversation. It spread like wild fire. Everyone was shocked to hear Shadow had a daughter now.

Shadow picked Mars up and went into the coffee shop, one thing he didn't know was that someone had been following him this whole time... and that someone may had been the one and only...

Amy Rose!