22

It had been two days after they finally got to come home from their mission. They had took the two days the rest and power up so they could return to work not all tired and cranky.

Rouge was the first into Commanders office. She sat down on on of the three chairs at sat across from Commanders office desk, and looked at him.

"Oh hello Rouge." Commander Greeted as he was typing on his computer, not even glancing up at Rouge, it's a mystery on how he knows who enters a room without looking.

"Hello." Rouge replied as she sat contently, waiting for the other two to arrive, which in a few moments they would.

The door was heard opening, Rouges ear twitched and she looked over at the door, watching it open. She squinted when she noticed Sonic and Shadow enteres holding each other's hands.

Sonic and Shadow hand kinda forgot they were holding hands as they entered the room and sat down in the chairs across from Commanders desk.

"Greetings Sonic and Shadow." Commander said as he still had his eyes in his computer, still not looking at them.

"Hi." Sonic replied with a kind smiled.

"Hello." Shadow said calmly, as he was still holding Sonic hand at the moment.

Rouge couldn't help but stare at the two holding hands, she was either hallucinating or the azure hedgehog and ebony hedgehog was most certainly hiding something from her.

Commander cleared his throat as he finally looked at the three in front of him. He awkwardly glanced at Sonic and Shadows hands, seeing they were holding each other's hands. He decided not to judge and fixed his tie before he started speaking.

"You three were off your mission way quicker then I had extended the mission to be." Commander spoke, as he looked at them. "I also get reports of a random forest growing out of no where... someone mind explaining?" Commander asked with a raised brow, genuinely curious on what in the world happened.

Rouge, Sonic, and Shadow suddenly start laughing, which they only received a even more confused face from the Commander.

"What is so funny?" Commander asked, confused on what was so funny about what he had just said a few moments ago.

"Well you see sir..." Shadow began to explain everything that happened through out the last couple days.

Commander was completely and utterly shocked of the report he's just heard from Shadow and blinked. "So you were... the missing key?" Commander asked.

Shadow nods. "Yep, and so was Mephiles." The ebony hedgehog replied with a chuckle. "Who would of ever thought he was my brother!" He exclaimed.

Rouge and Sonic giggled a bit as Commander just nods in agreement.

"It's quiet odd to hear that, but I'm happy you now know your true past, and I'm happy you know you still have family here with you." Commander made a soft smile.

Shadow nods, making a soft smile back to the Commander.

"Now thank you Sonic for joining in on the mission, your help was appreciated! And for Rouge and Shadow, enjoy your next two weeks off." Commander said. "Once you get back I expect you both to start working on a paper report to document exactly what happened on the mission." Commander said before looking back to his computer and started working again.

"No problem commander, I was happy to help." Sonic said with his classic thumbs up, using his hand that wasn't holding Shadows hand.

"Yes sir." Shadow and Rouge replied to commander after Sonic spoke.

They then all got up, and left the office, being dismissed by the Commander to leave his office now that they were done with their meeting.