3

For a few hours they did research together on the forest, taking notes on what was already known. Such as the missing mobains, and that the people took over.

Soon it was getting late, and they were getting tired. Shadow looked over at Sonic, then shut his lap top and made a small yawn.

He stood up and put his laptop on the desk, and plugged it in so it could charge. Shadow then went back to bed and laid down on his side of the bed.

"Goodnight." Shadow said, as he rolled over, facing the wall, away from Sonic.

"Goodnight." Sonic replied, as he turned off the lamp, and snuggled into the blankets, then rolled over, facing the other direction.

Shadow quickly fell asleep, but Sonic couldn't, he was getting paranoid. He rolled over, facing Shadow, listening to the small snores the ebony hedgehog made in his sleep.

He sighed, as he scooted closer to Shadow quietly, not wanting to wake him up. Shadow rolled Onto his back, Sonic looked at his chest fur, wanting to stuff his face in it.

Sonic made a dumb decision. He wrapped his arms around Shadows waist, and rested his head on Shadows chest fur, causing him to make a small purr. He smiled and stuffed his face in his chest fur, feeling less paranoid, he slowly, but surely fell asleep.

The next morning, Shadow felt something on top of him, he slowly opened his eyes, to see a blue hedgehog resting on his chest fur.

He was about to yell, but then he heard a cute little purr come from the blue hedgehog as he slept, making Shadow shut his mouth.

Shadow couldn't help, but go up with his hand, and pet Sonics quills gently, only getting louder purrs from the azure hedgehog.

Shadows ear twitched to the purrs, as he continued to pet his quills gently, enjoying the blue hedgehogs wonderful purrs.

He was actually enjoying himself as he did this. A small smile crept onto his face, as he continued to pet his quills.

Sonic continued to happily purr in his sleep, he seemed to enjoy Shadow petting his quills with such gentleness.

Shadow couldn't help but smile at the purrs, as he continued to pet his quills, his ear twitching time to time from the purrs.

About thirty minutes passed, and Sonic finally began to stir, Shadow stopped smiling, and took his hands off his quills.

Sonic slowly opened his eyes, and looked up, his green emerald eyes being met with Shadows crimson red eyes.

"Morning sleeping beauty." Shadow teased the blue hedgehog.

Sonic blushed, realizing he was sleeping on shadow, and quickly got off of him. "S-sorry." He stuttered, embarrassed.

"It's fine." Shadow replied.

Sonic was a bit shocked at the response, but didn't say anything about it.

The two then got up, and got ready for the long day of traveling ahead of them. Which, neither of them  were excited about...