27

After several minutes the lady at the desk soon called Rouge and Mars back to finally be able to see Shadow. They quickly got up and went over, they were then lead to the room by a nurse. The nurse was filling them in on details of his condition at the moment.

"He has dark bruising on back, chest, and forehead. They should heal on their own most likely. He has a few broken ribs which will have to heal on their own. He is at a stable level of breathing and will mostly likely be on bed rest for at least two weeks to make sure everything is completely healed. That means he won't be returning to work for them two weeks." The nurse informed as they walked to the room.

Rouge nods as she was listening, as Mars wasn't completely listening as she looked at the door numbers they passed by.

They soon reached the room Shadow was in and the nurse let them in, she then left them to give them privacy with Shadow.

Shadow looked up and seen Rouge and Mars enter the room and made a soft smile at the two, making a small wave. "Hey..." The ebony hedgehog spoke.

Rouge and Mars smiled and waved back to Shadow, both saying hi back.

"I see you've met Mars." Shadow spoke to Rouge, looking at her.

Rouge smiled and nods. "Big things happening. Dating Sonic, and now having a child? It's amazing how much you changed in just one week." Rouge chuckled.

Shadow smiled and nodded. "Yup. It's pretty odd to me. I would have never been able to imagine myself being the way I am now." The ebony hedgehog sighed. "One thing that sucks is that I'll be on bed rest for two weeks. My whole time off from work practically." He sighed.

"But hey! It's just reports! No missions!" Rouge said with a smile. "Which means we're gonna get out of work way earlier!" She clapped in excitement.

Shadow chuckled. "Yeah, your right." He smiled. "Also, did you tell Sonic what happened yet?" The ebony hedgehog asked with a raised brow.

"No I completely forgot to text him." Rouge replied, grabbing out her phone. "I'll do so right now." She was about to text Sonic but Shadow stopped her.

"No! You shouldn't..." Shadow looked down a bit embarrassed. He felt embarrassed from letting Amy beat his ass. If he was just paying a little more attention he would had pounded her.

Rouge knew exactly why he didn't want her to text him. "Shadow it's nothing to be embarrassed about! You had no control!" The white bat said. "Sonic ain't gonna judge you, don't worry hun." She smiled softly at him.

Shadow sighed. "Fine, if you insist. Go ahead! Tell him then." He looked down still in embarrassment.

Rouge sighed and texted Sonic what happened. She then looked at Shadow. "He said he's on his way right now." The white bat said.

Shadow nods. "Okay..."