9

"Should we tell Sonic?" Rouge asked the ebony hedgehog quietly, as she looked at him, seeing he still had a look of disbelief.

"I guess." Shadow replied, as he was rethinking his past. He was thinking of the possibilities of him actually being subject 126. He was completely confused.

Rouge nodded, and went over to Sonic with Shadow to fill him in on the information she had just told Shadow earlier.

"Hey Sonic, we think we have a way inside the temple!" Rouge told the azure hedgehog once they reached him.

Sonic ears perked up and looked at them. "Really? How?" Sonic asked, a bit excited to hear they might have actually found a way inside.

Rouge explained what she had told Shadow earlier, Sonic seemed to have a look of disbelief as well. Rouge handed him the articles and Sonic read it, then read what was in the book.

"So, Shadow will be able to open it with his voice?" Sonic asked the white bat, tilting his head to the side, and he looked at her.

"That's what it claims." Rouge replied as she put away the book and articles she printed off.

Shadow was a bit zoned out for a few moments, staring at where the entrance of the temple was. He wanted to know what was behind it.

They all went over to the entrance after a few moments, Shadow looked at the message underneath the door. His eyes glowed as he started to speak a different language.

Sonic and Rouge watched, seeing his eyes glow. They weren't for sure what was going on, but whatever it was, it was opening up the temple.

The temple glowed as the door opened, Shadow stepped back after he finished reading the message. His eyes stopped glowing as soon as the temple stopped.

"Did it work?" Shadow asked as he blinked a bit, his vision being a bit blurred at the moment.

"I did!" Sonic said, excitement filling in his voice. He was happy they finally figured out how to open the door of this temple.

Rouge and Shadow were glad as well. They hoped this mission would be over soon, this was one of the most frustrating missions they'd been on.

But there was one thing Shadow was questioning, this question wouldn't leave the ebony hedgehogs mind...

What is the truth about my past?