23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Twenty-Three---Stars Only Shine in the Dark---Eyeless Jack X Reader
(y/n)~your name (l/n)~last name (e/c)~eye color (h/c)~hair color (s/c)~skin color (f/c)~favorite color (I do not own the picture above)
Chapter written on 22 Apr, 2020
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So that's what they were doing," Eyeless whispered, 'looking' at you as he spoke.

You shrugged as Red-Eyes continued, "And with how much energy coming from her, I'd assume some messed up chemicals. Because she is like a battery right now. If I were injured, I could use her instead of an electronic to heal myself."

"Really?" Green-Eyes mumbled, still focused on the TV screen.

"Could that be why he wants her?" Red-Eyes wondered aloud, not expecting an answer.

"No clue, but it's got to be for something serious, he marked her like a proxy."

"Yeah," Red-Eyes said, rubbing a spot on his arm.

Looking closer, you saw the same symbol in his own skin, scarred and healed.

"Alright, bed time," Eyeless grumbled, standing up from the arm of the couch.

You stood quickly to follow, limping behind him as he walked down the hallway. He waited for you to go into the room before closing the door and going to his own, meanwhile you gazed up at him with thankful eyes before the door was shut completely, making him stop for only a second before leaving.

Laying down on the matters, you fell into a relentless sleep.

"Up," Eyeless grunted, pushing you up from your sleep.

You gave him a questioning look before noticing the blood coming from his forehead.

"Sorry, Snowflake, but BEN's idea is the only one we got," He grumbled, picking you up and carrying you out of the room and down the hall.

You were confused yet comfortable, content with his warmth but worried about what he meant and why he was injured. But soon, the question was answered as he brought you to the front door and set you on the porch of the cabin, then turned and closed the door behind him, locking it. You knocked on it frantically, confused about why he had locked you out.

Was he abandoning you? Did he not want you near any longer? Was he hoping you would die?

But then the familiar hum sounded in your head. You knew the forest man was near and could hear the grunts of the three men in the cabin as they were most likely holding their ears tightly, trying to block the unbearable sound.

You had never known what they were hearing but hoped never to.

Looking around, you finally spotted him, the Forest-Man. He stood between two trees, tall and still as his gaze set upon you, waiting. Slowly, you approached him, grass filtering between your toes and the cold moisture hitting the rough skin of your heels. The wind seemed to stop, making the light rustle of leaves stop as well and allowing silence to fill the forest as you stopped two feet in front of the man.

He stared for a few moments before he spoke.

"You see me as human, then."

You raised an eyebrow and nodded, confirming his suspicion.

"You are not the first," He grumbled, looking down at the ground before setting his eyes on you again, "Those others, see me, as something else. The demon that took over my body. But you, you hear my voice when I speak, you see my face."

You nodded, wondering what he wanted.

"I am the Operator, as some call me, or Slenderman. What is your name, child? I wish to name the being who sees."

"I...I don't know," You spoke quietly, voice still harsh.

"You see, but don't speak," He said with a nod, "Tell him, to take you back, where they have your name, where you can see why you can see, now."

You sent him a confused glance before he pat you on the head, then vanished within a second. Everything continued around as if nothing had happened, the wind had started once more and the trees swayed gently with the sounds of small critters roaming around, the occasional crunch of snow here and there.

You turned to walk back to the cabin. For some reason, you trusted the Forest-Man, or...Operator. The operator seemed to want you to know something, but now that you think about it, the only thing you thought of about your name was Subject 0001 (L/n). You walked up the steps and onto the porch, then knocked gently on the door.

Eyeless opened it, seeming worried and pulled you into his own body. You were confused yet warm, and slightly disappointed when he released you.

"Take me there," You said, looking up at his empty sockets, "I need to know my name."