24

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Twenty-Four---Stars Only Shine in the Dark---Eyeless Jack X Reader
(y/n)~your name (l/n)~last name (e/c)~eye color (h/c)~hair color (s/c)~skin color (f/c)~favorite color (I do not own the picture above)
Chapter written on 24 Apr, 2020
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day after the 'sacrifice' to Slenderman you were sat upon the couch, reading the book Red-Eyes had offered you, saying that 'you seem to not know how to react, here, learn'. The book was about a young man, who you assumed was trying to find love after his return from the military forces. Of course, 'love' was a new term to you. But this was the second book you were on now, staying up the previous night to read. 

It fascinated you, how other humans expressed feelings to others with such intensity. The contact they wished for was nothing like that you had received before. It was strangely gentle, with no fear induced into it. The exact opposite of what you'd been through...almost your entire life. You knew how many years you had been there only because they took you on the eight birthday of your life. And started with the eight hours of electrocution.

There was a knock on the frame of the door and you looked up to see Green-Eyes.

"Hey, can I come in?"

You nodded and he walked in to sit in front of you on the matters, legs crossed.

"Why? Why do you want to go back there?" He asked, tilting his head in confusion, his voice seemed strained, and you noticed the redness in his eyes.

Taking a deep breath, you cleared your throat to speak, "It may be home to torture, but also home to me, as I don't know who I am. I am there, in thought, and must retrieve myself to know myself," You stated, closing the book after folding the corner of the page to note where you were.

He looked slightly shocked by your little speech, but finally replied, "But the memories, they must be horrible, why would you risk hurting your own mind?"

"Because the outcome is greater for my mind than the one of sitting and doing nothing. I must kick the flame out before it spreads."

He nodded for a moment, and you noticed the few stray tears.

"What is wrong, Green-Eyes?" You asked, leaning forward slightly.

He sighed and looked at the door to make sure no one was there before responding.

"My brother...Jeff, you know," He said quickly at your confused face, "Black hair, pale."

"Wide-Eyes, yes," You responded quietly, liking the fact you were speaking in a real conversation.

"His name is Jeff, you can call him that, you know."

"I was not given the privilege by him himself to speak his name, so I have no reason to call him by it," You said, leaning against the wall.

"Well...my name is Lui, and you can call me that," He said, slightly smiling as you nodded and waited for him to continue, "Well...I still haven't forgiven him, for what he did, but I want to, because I miss having our relationship, but now, he just gives me sad looks, like he wants to apologize but can't because of how stubborn he is."

"Then forgive him." You said plainly, blinking only once, "If you 'love' him, as the term is used...I think...then, you will forgive him and let him know that you do."

He nodded and leaned forward, then pulled you into a hug. You had read about them, noting they were used as a friendly bonding or comfort for another. Rubbing your hand up his back, he sighed gratefully before thanking you and leaving.

"Snowflake, come," You heard Eyeless call from the living room.

You stood quickly to his call and stopped in front of him near the couch, looking up at him with sharp eyes.

"We will leave tomorrow, but do not speak of what you want to get, just come with, and be silent as always. We need to operate a rescue mission for a fellow friend, and while doing so, we will get your needs."

You nodded gratefully, then spoke, "Thank you, Eyeless."

He nodded and left, walking to his room slowly in thought. You followed, but then entered your own and sat on the bed to sit and read once more, getting lost in the world of the words as you went along, listening to the story in your mind.

How...how were you so different from your own kind? Even Gree- Lui, was able to cry, and the men you had been around seemed less human than normal. And you, could only express pain and fear, nothing more and nothing less. It...

it intrigued you.