30

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Thirty---Stars Only Shine in the Dark---Eyeless Jack X Reader
(y/n)~your name (l/n)~last name (e/c)~eye color (h/c)~hair color (s/c)~skin color (f/c)~favorite color (I do not own the picture above)
Chapter written on 23 May, 2020
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Um, probably somewhere around two thousand?"

You stared up in awe at the hooded man as he said the number, "But how? There CAN'T be that many people in the world! And you've killed two thousand?"

"There's millions of people in the world," BEN said as he tossed a battery from hand to hand calmly.

"No...that's so strange," You said, giving him the same look.

Mask spoke, "You've really been locked away for a long time, huh? How the hell do you not know any of this? Or who we are?"

You shrugged before twisting the cubed object that BEN had given you earlier. "Well...when the only thing you've known is pain and the color grey your whole life, there's a lot you don't learn, they stopped letting me read at fourteen, that's why I love the books BEN gave me, it lets me learn how humans act."

"What kind of interactions have you had?" Jeff asked, rubbing a small spot from his hoodie as he spoke.

"Well,  besides meeting all of you and Eyeless, just the guards. And the Oporator...but that was only once."

"You mean Slenderman?"

You shook your head, then grinned as you matched three colors in a row, "No, Slenderman is my friend, but the Operator, he controls the facility, tells the guards what to do, how much voltage I get a day, and orders the doctors around."

Toby nodded slowly, "So that's WHY Y-....why you freaked when I said that I was bringing you here."

You nodded, then coughed. "Talking is harder than what it looks like."

Jeff nodded, cheeks spreading a little wider as he grinned, "I agree, a lot of people should shut up more often."

Mask grumbled before pointing a gun at him, "Wanna say that again, little boy?"

Jeff chuckled before looking up with a toothy grin, "Yeah, you sound better when you shut the hell up."

"Stop it, because Jack will slaughter every single one of us if she even has a peep of bad info," BEN said, standing up.

"Come on, F/n, I wanna show you something cool," BEN grinned, offering a hand. 

You happily took it after placing the colorful cube on the table and pranced after him, excited to see what he had to offer. After walking up a few sets of rickety stairs and damaged halls, you entered a room.

"Of course, nobody really wants to take the time to repair this place, but me and Jeff made a compromise to fix up this room to make a hangout."

You saw a large, skinny TV, and made a note to remember it was called a flat-screen. It sat on a cozy redwood stand, with a few strange white and black boxes sitting in the small cubbies. Along the sides a few remotes, and what you assumed was controllers from the shapes.  The floor, you noticed from your feet not being cold, was soft white carpet. On the wall across the TV was a light grey, clean, leather couch, with two small square tables on either side and a short rectangle redwood table sat in front of it with four stubby legs. On it was a few glass cups sitting on circular objects.

"Like it?"

You nodded, grinning at the area.

"Cool, how about I teach you how to play video games?"

You thought about it then nodded with a grin before hopping on the couch, sitting on your knees and leaning against the arm and back. BEN chuckled and clicked a few small buttons that beeped loudly before the TV lit up brightly, almost burning your eyes.

"Ok, so hold it like this," BEN explained as he handed you a black controller.

It was a little too big for your hands but you could still reach all the buttons.

"So I'll start the game, this is how you move, this one lets you look, and these are shoot and aim, okay?"

You nodded slowly, taking in all the information when Toby came in.

"Hi Toby!" You said, grinning at his smile he sent before he looked confused.

"Cat got your tongue, twitch?" BEN asked, clicking some buttons on the new screen.

"I am honestly surprised you ain't DOING...anything so yeah, pretty much," Toby said, sitting down in BEN's spot next to you.

"She's taken, numbnut," BEN muttered, focused on setting up the game.

Toby chuckled before whispering, "Watch this," And then spoke louder, "Technically no, her and Jack aren't a thing."

BEN immediately turned around, "Really?"

"What does that mean, Toby?" You asked moving your legs so they were in front of you and not under.

"Uh," BEN and Toby looked at each other, not sure what to say.

"Well....F/n, when two people really like each other...um, they become romantically involved?"

"Oh! That's...then were Stans and I supposed to be? Is that why the Operator-"

"NO!" Toby grunted, head twitching off before continuing, "That was organized breeding I guess you could say, but no, you don't like Stans, right?"

"I can't dislike someone who is dead," You shrugged, turning to the TV to follow what BEN was now instructing you to do.