27

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Twenty-Seven---Stars Only Shine in the Dark---Eyeless Jack X Reader
(y/n)~your name (l/n)~last name (e/c)~eye color (h/c)~hair color (s/c)~skin color (f/c)~favorite color (I do not own the picture above)
Chapter written on 05 May, 2020
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm, Toby," The new man said holding out a covered hand for you.

He was very pale, almost translucent, and bags layered the underneath of his eyes. A pair of steampunk goggles sat on his head, which was covered in brown hair and a black hood, like Eyeless. 

You took his hand and shook it slowly, "Y/n..."

He chuckled before his hand jerked away and almost hit you.

"Sorry, he muttered, his head twitching to the side.

You shrugged and curled tighter into the blanket, leaning onto the shoulder of the couch. The TV displayed strange cartoon pictures that Toby seemed interested in until he noticed your blank stare.

"Do you want to WATCH," He yelled, shaking his head before continuing slowly, "Something else?"

You shook your head, knowing full well you would not be able to understand anything from the glowing box. He nodded before his leg jolted to the side and leaned back, watching the television.

Liu, Eyeless, and Red-Eyes all were sitting at the table, reading through the papers that were concealed into the red folder that Red-Eyes had taken.

"Ay, Toby!" Liu called, signaling Toby to join them. You watched curiously from the couch as they all concentrated on the words.

"Has the Operator said anything about this?"

Toby leaned over the paper, reading it. Before nodding, "YES, he has mentioned a patient, who I was supposed to retrieve from there, that's HOW I WAS...captured," He finished slowly, trying not to yell.

Liu spoke up, but Eyeless seemed to notice your huddled position from the couch and motioned for you to come to him. You did as told and crawled onto his lap between him and the table, now feeling warm and content. Liu sent Eyeless some sort of smirk, which Eyeless scoffed at, but you listened to Toby and Red-Eyes.

"Yeah, I remember that..." Red-Eyes confirmed with a  nod, "But do you know their name? Do we need to go back? What does he want them for anyway?"

Liu shrugged, "Who cares, screw him,"

Toby shook his head, "I do, but...of course I know their name, I've even met them."

You met his stare after feeling it for a few seconds, his brown eyes seeping into your own.

"No...you aren't taking her," Eyeless said slowly, wrapping his arms around your body.

"He wants her, Jack, there's no stopping it and you know it, the question is, what way will you take to let him get her?"

"None, he's not going to again, the last time they saw each other, she wanted to go to that damned place again, and she got captured, again, so no, it's out of the question."

"Jack," Red-Eyes warned, looking up at the taller man, "You know that he gets what he wants,"

"The forest-Man?" You asked quietly, looking around at them. They all nodded slowly before you spoke again, "I enjoy his company, he's familiar, I've known him for a long time, I believe, I'd be fine with going to visit him."

"How can you enjoy a demon's company?" Liu asked, confused.

You raised an eyebrow, "He's no demon, he's a man. Who had a family, and a life. It is rude to assume such a name for anybody."

Eyeless chuckled from behind you, setting his chin on your head, "Snowflake, you don't seem to realize that he is a demon."

You shook your head, "But he isn't, demons aren't real, I was taught that a long time ago...the Forest-Man is just a man. How else can he look like a human? Talk like a human? Act like a human?"

Toby coughed, "He definitely does not look like a human,"

"And demons are definitely real," Eyeless said with a deep chuckle, Liu sending him a look.

"And how would you know?" You asked.

Eyeless laughed for a moment before replying, "Can you not tell? I'm a demon!"