29

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Twenty-Nine---Stars Only Shine in the Dark---Eyeless Jack X Reader
(y/n)~your name (l/n)~last name (e/c)~eye color (h/c)~hair color (s/c)~skin color (f/c)~favorite color (I do not own the picture above)
Chapter written on 18 May, 2020
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You followed after Toby happily, lightly holding onto his sleeve as you peeped around at the bright and majestic surroundings. Everything still amazed you, the vibrant greens and dark browns of the trees, the grey pebbles and rocks on the ground. A few flours perking up over small patches of powdered snow. The scenery fascinated you with every beam, movement and smell. But Toby's voice brought you back to reality.

"So, you and Jack huh? How'd that happen?"

You looked up at him questioningly.

"You KNOW...grey skin, NO eyes...."

"Eyeless!" You said in realization, before nodding, "Yes, in my opinion, we are close acquaintances! I trust and rely on him for support, while he relies on me for company."

"Um not what I MEANT but ok..." Toby said before his shoulder arched back roughly.

You nodded then thought for a moment. "People talk about their pasts for filling conversation, right?"

Toby nodded slowly, seeming off but you ignored it.

"Then would you like to tell me yours? It seems you're a bit stiff in the person," You stated, motioning his stature and attitude.

"Oh...um, I GUESS?"

You smiled and waited patiently for him to start, the silence filled with footsteps, rustling leaves, and small animals.

"Well I was BORN IN...a decent-sized town, I guess, and um...I had a mom and...dad...oh! And my sister, she was awesome, super nice and sweet..."

You looked up at him, smile fading from your face at his focused and gruff expression.

"She died, in a car crash when we were young. Nothing was ever the same after that," He spoke without twitching or yelling, and it confused you but he continued. "She suffered so much when it happened, the doctors said she didn't die instantly. I didn't wake up until after the doctors had stitched me up. But my mother...she tried saving her, she told me. But...it didn't work I guess.

"AFTER THAT...my dad became a drunk, that means that he drank a lot of alcohol," He amended after seeing your confused face. "And started TO beat me BECAUSE I can't feel physical pain. I guess HE THOUGHT that if I couldn't feel real pain that emotions must not get me."

He stopped for a moment before finishing. "And then I killed him."

You nodded quickly, oddly used to death,

"SO HOW...about you? How'd you end up there?"

You stopped for a moment, trying to push past the years of electrocution and cells to before.

"All...all I remember is a large place and lot's of beds and other kids, a red and blue playground, and...a small (F/a(Favorite animal)) plush...and one day a lady saying something to me that made me very happy, getting in a large...car...and...waking up in chains. Then, being hung up. And seven. The clock went from zero to seven hours that very first day. I remember blacking out a lot. But all the time after I stayed awake the entire time. Sweaty and pale, every time. Eyeless saved me just after the last time, it was seventeen hours. He'd been put in my cell. And then, he brought me to his home."

Toby's eyes were wide as he stayed quiet for a long time. You were lost in thought as you tried to retrieve the lost glimpses of your past. But then Toby stopped and you looked up.

In front of you was a large grey building. It seemed old and out of date, made from withered bricks of stone that were cracked with a few green stems poking out every few places.

"Alright...TRY NOT, to piss anyone off, for yours and my own safety."

You nodded slowly, slightly confused but followed behind, still gripping his sleeve. The building was eerie and reminded you of the facility, making you fearful of what was inside the walls. Toby led you in past the large, heavy, creaking door and into the large room. The walls were wooden and painted, the paint chipping off and wood peeling and covered in splintering edges. What caught your attention was the furniture and people. An old, slightly rotted table and set of three chairs and two stools sat in the corner, while an old, gross couch was directly in front of the door. 

Two men sat on the stools, one a cigarette in his mouth, the other, looking bored and staring at a bright screen. But on the couch was what made you smile. The head of black hair was able to be distinguished within any place for you, you'd be able to remember any person that hadn't purposefully hurt you.

"Wide-Eyes!" You said happily, prancing to him and catching the attention of the two men at the table as you leaped onto his lap and hugged him. "Liu says hello as well!"

Wide-Eyes grunted as you woke him, confused expression falling over his face.

"Um...hi?"

"Hello!" You said happily, still clinging onto him as he sat up, "Look, my shoulder and leg are healed," You pulled up the pant of your leg to show him and he chuckled nervously.

"Yeah... sorry about that. And my name is Jeff...girly."

"How the hell is she not dead?" The man with a cigarette asked gruffly and with a deep voice.

"NO... idea," Toby said quietly, looking confused as well.

"Why should I be?" You asked, getting off of Jeff as he stretched.

"Because he-"

"Because I have a soft spot for her," Jeff growled, interrupting the older man.

"Watch it, Jeffrey," The second man said, pointing a finger at him.

Jeff stood angrily with another growl before Toby spoke.

"How about we not scare (F/n), okay?"

The two men grunted again and went back to what they were doing while Jeff nodded slowly.

"So, I know for a fact Jack would not want her here...why is she?"