35. Surprise Duets

Happy New Years Eve! How is everyone? Did you have a great christmas?

The next few chapters will be a bit more intense so just be warned! <3 Vote and Comment <3

Also, the end of this book is coming soon.... :'(

However, I have been thinking about a sequel, but it's up to you guys.

-V

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

"It's been said and done. Every beautiful thoughts been already sung, and I guess right now here's another one so your melody will play on and on with the best of 'em. You are beautiful, like a dream come alive, incredible. A centerfold, miracle, lyrical. You saved my lide again...and I just want you to know baby..."

The music stops and I step out of the booth. I'm currently recording the second song of my 2nd album...that is so crazy to say. I never thought I would even have a first album, let alone two.

"That was perfect Vara, now all we have to do is the chorus and the second verse." My producer says to me. I grab some water that is on the table.

"Another love song? Hmm, I wonder who this one is about..." I hear a voice come from the couches.

"Dylan, like you don't already know." I smirk at him.

"Doesn't he get tired of hearing how much you love him?" He teases. I sit next to him.

"Shut up...I never get tired of hearing him say how feels about me and what better way to say it than in a song." I shrug.

"Maybe its a singer thing. Speaking of lover boy, where is he?"

"I think they are doing an interview for their movie."

"Okay that doesn't count as a movie. The cameras were just following them around. It's a documentary." He fires back.

"Oh gosh, okay documentary. Sorry Mr. Actor who knows everything." I laugh and grab my phone. "I'm just going to call my Dad really quick and then come back to finish." I let my producer know before stepping out. I dial Dad's number and I hear the line ringing.

"Hey Var." Dad's voice comes from the other side.

"Dad! How are you?"

"I'm okay darling...how are you?"

"I'm great Dad, I miss you. Do you want me to stop by later?"

"U-um no. It's fine love. I know you are busy with recording and such. I don't want to bother you." He says quickly. He usually always wants to see me...did I do something wrong?

"Oh okay...Are you sure you are okay, Dad?" I ask hesitantly.

"Yes, love. Today just isn't the best day." He coughs.

"So tomorrow then?" I ask hopefully.

"We'll see. Just focus on your album, love. You are doing so well."

"D-dad did I do something wrong?" I tear up and I know he can feel that I am about to cry.

"No Vara, you didn't do anything. I promise. Just focus on your album darling. I'll see you soon. I love you." He hangs up before I even get the chance to return the love. Why was he being so cold? Is he mad at me...I mean I haven't seen him recently but that's because I have been with Haz and working on the album...Maybe I'm spending too much time with Harry?