Chapter 1

"I can't believe that I am stuck working here tonight instead of going to the PPG!" my friend Rachel said as she threw her purse into the locker in the employee room.

I laughed quietly as I stood in front of the mirror grabbing my long brown hair and pulling it into a messy bun on top of of my head with a few loose strands around my face, "Rach you aren't even that into his music," I said to her as I took one last look in the mirror and then turned to face her.

"What do you mean not that into his music! I know that one song Circles or whatever it is by heart! OH! And that one Wow or whatever it is," she said as she applied a thick coat of eyeliner.

"You only know those because they are played here constantly," I said looking back in the mirror satisfied.

Rachel and I were bartenders at a local club Howl at the Moon. Rachel always took the Hey I'm Rachel and I'm fake approach to her outfit where I preferred a more natural look. Sure she got more numbers every night, but that's what she was looking for. Me, I was just trying to survive college at Pitt and pay my bills. My look worked for me and that's all that mattered.

Rachel turned towards me, "Okay so your right I only know those songs because they are played all the time, but come on Lexa! I know that you are a huge fan of Post Malone. Aren't you the slightest bit upset that you aren't able to go to his concert now that it is right here!?"

I shrugged as we prepared to walk out the door, "I mean yeah I guess. I have always wanted to see him live but I'll get another chance I'm sure. Plus, I hear that he is heading here after the concert for some VIP thing. Maybe he'll sing a couple songs here," I said as I opened the door to the hallway that took us to the loud and crowded club area.

...............................................

"Hey what can I get for you?" I yelled across the bar to a group of guys.

"Four Long Island Iced Teas for the ladies and four bud lights for us," the gentlemen slurred back across the bar.

I quickly glanced over all of the people to check for the bright green wristbands the bouncer issues everyone on their way in and turned to make their drinks. I punched them into the computer.

I turned back around to face him and flashed a smile "$54 babe," I said loudly. He looked at me with one of the sexiest smiles I have ever seen at the small word of endearment as he pulled out his credit card and handed it to me. I reached to grab the card out of his hand, but was met with resistance.

"What's your name baby girl?" he asked, locking eyes with me. It was semi dark over the bar area, but I could make out beautiful eyes and a face full of tattoos. My stomach immediately did back flips as I realized who I was waiting on. I fought to contain myself as I treated him just like any other customer that strolled through here on a Saturday night.

"Lexa," I said giving him a small smile.

He bit on his bottom lip as he looked me up and down from my messy bun down to my torso area where the bar cut me off. Despite my desire to stay as natural as possible, I quietly congratulated myself at wearing a slightly low cut shirt. Just enough to let the imagination wander.

His eyes returned to mine, "can you hold my card for me baby girl? I think I'm going to be back here a few times tonight."

"Of course babe," I said back to him as I turned around and placed the credit card in the holder we used for customers who started a tab. I grabbed a slip of paper and wrote Post Malone on it as I wrapped the credit card in it and put it in the bin.

I turned around and sat the 4 long islands on the bar and grabbed the Bud Lights from the cooler, effortlessly popping the caps off and setting them on the bar one by one for them to be distributed.

"Here you go babe," I said as I sat the last beer on the bar.

He reached out and grabbed the bottle of beer that was still in my hand. His hand wrapped around mine and I immediately felt my skin turn hot at his soft touch before I quickly let go.

His gazed locked with mine as I momentarily got lost in his piercing blue eyes. I quickly brought myself back to reality, as I asked him the question I already knew the answer to, "Can I have your name for the card babe?" I asked.

He laughed a little as he motioned for me to lean closer to him. He leaned towards my ear "Put it under Posty baby girl, but I'm pretty sure you already knew that" he pulled away from me slowly as he placed a kiss on my cheek before walking away.

I stood there in shock not believing what had just happened. If I were in complete work mode like I normally was, I probably would have paid no mind to the man ordering drinks, but let's be honest, there was no mistaking that gorgeous man anywhere.

I pulled myself back to reality as I realized some girls my age around the bar were staring at me with a mixture of jealousy and disbelief. I gave them a warm smile as I returned to my job.

I turned around to make another long island iced tea for a customer at the bar when Rachel slid up next to me.

"And what the hell was that Lexa!?" she yelled at me as I turned around handing the drink to the customer and taking their money.

"What was what?" I asked her completely knowing what she was talking about but not wanting to bring it up. Sure Post Malone had kissed my cheek and we may have had a moment, but he had been drinking all night I'm sure and it was just a drunken reaction. I'd had them happen many times at the club.

"Don't play dumb with me! Did Post Malone kiss you before he left!?" Rachel asked with eyes wide.

I shrugged, "Rach, he's been drinking all night I'm sure. And it was just a friendly cheek kiss. We see this sort of thing all the time. I'm sure it was nothing" I said, focusing my attention back on the throng of people that were waiting for drinks and shots at the bar.

Just as I was in the middle of taking an order for a larger group of college students, I heard a raspy voice slur over the mic and knew instantly that Post Malone was taking our small stage for a few songs.

"Thank you so fucking much everyone for partying with me tonight! Does everyone have a beer? If you don't, pay my girl Lexa a visit at the bar. She's the one with the gorgeous brown eyes working on the left side," he said as my head whipped around looking at the stage that was a mere 50 yards away from the bar.

Even from this far away I can feel his blue eyes staring at me and I saw a small smirk appear on his face.

"The first song I'm going to play for you tonight is about the impression you get of someone when they pull up to a party and get out of their car and you see them and they are all boujee and flashy and the first thing you can say is "wow". Like the impression my bartender made on me tonight" he said as the DJ started to play the track.

I stared at the stage in bewilderment.

Rach leaned over my shoulder as she was pouring out several lines of shots, "It was nothing, huh?" she said.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I looked in his direction one last time to see his gaze fixated on my area of the bar.