Chapter 22

Despite finally drifting off to sleep a mere 2 hours ago, I was awake and unable to fall back asleep at 7:30 in the morning. Austin nor I had moved in those short few hours, his arm still draped loosely over my small frame and his hand still laced with mine as I lay with my head on his chest and my leg draped over his.

I looked up at him as he slept. He looked so peaceful, so amazingly gorgeous. I ran my index finger down the side of his face and slowly over his perfect pink lips causing him to move slightly.

A small smile begin to tug at the corner of my mouth as I leaned in and placed a small kiss on his lips. I wished that everyone could see him like this, see him as the person that he really was. Despite what everyone thought, he was just your normal, quirky, fun loving person who wore his heart on his sleeve. Posty was just the person he became when he was touring.

He made me feel alive, made me feel like I had a purpose when I was with him. I knew this was absolutely insane for me to be thinking this way after literally just meeting him, but yet here I was. If I didn't watch myself I was going to fall deep and it was going to be hard to dig myself out.

I let out a sigh as I lifted the blind in the small bedroom up the tiniest bit to see that we were parked outside of the Wells Fargo Center.

I quietly climbed out of bed and slid on a pair of black leggings and an oversize Victoria's Secret sweatshirt. I grabbed my cigarettes off of the table quietly chastising myself for falling into the habit that I had been trying to avoid since starting college and opened the bedroom door.

The rest of the bus was silent as I quietly padded my way towards the door. Everything that happened last night was still weighing heavily on my mind even though Austin and I reconciled everything. I instantly knew the person that I had to talk to.

I slipped on my Vans and quietly opened the main door to the bus, I stepped out and walked along the side and sank to the cold hard ground, thankful that it hadn't snowed before we got here, and pulled my cellphone out calling Rachel.

I lit a cigarette as I waited for her to pick up her phone. I knew she had a 9:00 class today so it wouldn't kill her to get up early anyway.

"Hello?" she said groggily into the phone.

"Hey Rach, sorry for calling so early I just needed to talk"

"Shit, what's wrong?" she sighed into the phone.

"Nothing I don't know something" I laughed uneasily into the phone.

"Are you still drunk or something," Rachel laughed.

I rolled my eyes as I took a drag of my cigarette before answering her.

"No Rach I am not still drunk, I just I don't know let me pull my thoughts together here."

"I'm waiting"

I took a deep breath and thought how to put this out to her, trying to decide in my head if this was really as big of a deal as I was making it or if I was just being stupid. After all I had only known Austin for four days, regardless if he made it official with us or not, was this something I should be feeling so upset about.

"So after I sent you those pictures everything was great. We drank beer and played pong until around 3 in the morning"

"Shit, that's intense! Like our freshmen year all over again"

"Yeah, except its going to be freshmen year every single day from now until he is done touring" I laughed before continuing.

"We all came back to the bus and the boys clearly were not ready to go to bed and they all sat and played poker and Danielle and I went to bed. Well, while I was laying down I couldn't help but overhear the guys conversation in the front of the bus. I mean fuck they were practically yelling"