Chapter 42

Lexa's POV

"Wait. Stop and rewind. You think you might be what?"

I felt tears start to form as I put my head in my hands and began sobbing. Rachel scooted herself off of the bathtub and walked over to me crouching in front of me and rubbing my back.

"Okay, let's not jump to conclusions here. You didn't even take a test. Your stressed maybe it's just holding out on you" she said.

"I don't think it's holding out on me Rach. We were fucking like jack rabbits" I said laughing at my word choice as I picked up my head.

"Well didn't you guys use protection?"

"Well let's see. There was none used in the taxi, the elevator or the four times in the hotel room when I first met him and it never crossed my mind or his to use it every time after so no we didn't use protection"

"So I'm guessing he didn't pull out either" she said smirking

I glared down at her a serious look on my face.

She let out a deep breath and she stood up and leaned over the sink looking like she was going to be sick herself.

"Well let's not jump to conclusions here, you need to get some sleep and I'll get up early and run to the store and grab you a test and you can take it as soon as you wake up" she said one hand resting on the sink and the other on her hip.

I nodded my head as I stood up and walked over to my bed.

"But wait a minute...you had sex in a taxi and an elevator!? Who the hell are you and what did you do with my best friend"

"Shut up" I said laughing despite the possible situation and throwing one of the throw pillows from my bed at her.

She laughed as she left my room closing my door behind her.

This was huge. Here I was ready to take the love of my life back. I could see it now. Hi baby I've decided that I want you back and surprise we're having a baby!

I shook the thought from my head picking up my phone and opening the text from Austin. I read through it quickly and typed him out a response.

Hey baby, we never made the tribute concert. I got sick at the club and we left. I'm bummed 😩 guess I'll have to wait until they come around again. Love you 💕

I hit the send button and plugged the phone into the charger. I rolled over and turned my TV on to a random channel. Within seconds I felt myself slowly drift off to sleep.
—————-
"Lexa wake up, it's the moment of truth" Rachel said softly as she was gently shaking my body awake.

"Huh? What the fuck?" I asked groggily.

"Come on I couldn't wait any longer. I'm stressed for you, we need to find out if this is the culprit to your exhaustion, mood swings and sickness" she said shaking the box of ClearBlue pregnancy tests in my face.

The reality of my situation came flooding back to me as I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I grabbed the box from her and opened it, pulling one of the tests out.

"Oh no, your taking both of them. We aren't taking chances here. I hope you have enough pee stored up in there" she said pulling the covers off of me, pulling me out of bed and pushing me to the bathroom.