Chapter 29

Austin's POV

I looked down at Lexa's tiny frame laying innocently curled up next to myself. I wanted so badly to wake her up and kiss every single insecurity away that she had. Hearing that she felt like she wasn't good enough for me broke my heart, and to think she wasn't special. Fuck she is so special, she's everything to me. I've had my fair share of women, more than I'm
proud to say. She is the breath of fresh air I needed.

I knew being in the spotlight wasn't her thing, and it's a lot to get used to. But I loved her even more knowing that she was trying to deal with it for me, because she wanted to be here with me, and she was doing great until now. I knew the next couple of times were going to be hard for her, now that she knew my fans were getting pictures of us together and putting them on the internet.

I'm sure she is going to constantly feel like she's being judged, and to be honest some of my fans are a little...intense and probably will judge her every step of the way. If that means I have to leave all of the after parties early so fucking be it. I'll do anything to make her comfortable, plus it's an added bonus of just spending alone time with her.

I picked up my phone and opened Instagram, something I don't do often. I swore to myself I wouldn't use the internet anymore for my own personal mental health, but after seeing that one picture of us backstage when the party wasn't even started made me feel uneasy. Someone from my team was posting these pictures.

I scrolled through and found the one of her and I laughing hysterically. I smiled to myself. It was a cute photo, and we both looked so comfortable with each other, but that wasn't the point. As I scrolled through further I saw several of her and I during her first concert backstage in Hershey. Someone had taken a picture of me taking a picture of us for Rachel.

I had an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach as I instantly knew who the culprit was. I typed in her username and sure enough on her story was a picture of Lexa holding out my shirt a sexy grin on her face. The caption read Please Posty tell this hoe to hit the road! Don't worry y'all she won't be here long 😉"

I felt my body tense with anger. I couldn't believe that she was being so fucking petty. I looked down at Lexa who moved slightly. I carefully moved my hand from being draped around her and leaned my head down giving her a kiss.

"Love you so much baby girl" I whispered to her before getting up and heading to the living area of the suite.

I sat down and pulled a cigarette out of my pack sparking it lit, contemplating my next move. It was something that I haven't done since Ash, but Lexa meant that much to me if not more and I was willing to share her with the world.

I opened my phone and added the picture of her and I dancing at Basin Street to my Instagram.

God this was such an amazing, personal and intimate photo. Props to Dani for catching this moment.

I took a moment to think before I started typing the caption to accompany it.

as many of you know i don't use social media much anymore for personal reasons, and i almost never share my private life with y'all, but i couldn't let this moment pass. i'm the happiest i have been in a very long time thanks to my amazing girlfriend, Lexa. she truly is the person i needed to find at this point in my life, and she's an absolute saint for sticking by my fucking crazy ass. i found myself an amazing woman and i love her immensely. ❤️💋 photo credit: darlingdanielle

I hit the add button without thinking twice and immediately started typing out a text.

"what in the actual fuck is your problem Alisha"