Chapter 30

Lexa's POV

"Thanks for driving us Lee," Danielle said as we walked out of the Escalade with our bags from Target.

"I really hope the guys aren't in there already" I laughed pulling open the door to the arena.

I was glad when I heard Austin still doing sound check for the show tomorrow. Danielle and I looked at each other, huge smiles on our faces as we walked into the room that would inevitably hold fifty plus people tomorrow night before and after the show, but for tonight it was just Austin and his team.

We threw the Target bags down on the table and begin opening the NERF guns we bought for everyone.

"Okay, I think we have one for everyone. Austin, you, me, Smitty, Adam, Jay, Chris, Dre, Swae Lee, Tylah" she continued counting on her fingers and started chuckling.

"What are you laughing at?" I asked loading my NERF gun with the foam bullets.

"Looks like we forgot one for Alisha.... oops" she laughed shrugging her shoulders and picking up her gun.

I laughed as I found a piece of paper and began scrawling out a note for the boys.

"Hey boys... we're hiding somewhere... come find us or start a war between yourselves... either way we'll be ready..."

I stopped in my tracks as I no longer heard music spilling from the arena above us. Laughing like maniacs Danielle and I ran down the hall and into what looked like a VIP ticket holder bar. I quickly dodged behind the bar and Danielle hid under some tables as we patiently waited.

I felt my phone buzz causing me to jump as I pulled it out of my back pocket to see a text from Austin. With a huge child like smile on my face I opened it up.

"Hope y'all are ready... we're coming"

"Psst!! Dani they are coming!" I whispered loudly across the room.

"Bring it on baby, I'm fucking ready" she laughed in return.

Seconds later we heard footsteps walk into the room, I felt my heart thumping in my chest at not knowing who it was. They walked closer to the edge of the bar as I climbed underneath the sink hiding myself further.

"Dani baby... I know your in here" I heard Smitty yell playfully in the room.

"Just remember, its 2 against the rest of us.. you girls are going down" Austins voice drawled out playfully.

I heard a chair scrape across the floor signaling that Danielle was trying to scurry her way across the room. The boys walked over closer to her as I took this as my chance for an escape. I hopped up on the bar and let a foam bullet soar across the room smacking Smitty square in the back.

I jumped down and started running back toward the room hearing the guys footsteps behind me a smile tugging at my face. I couldn't remember the last time I had this much fun.

"Run Lexa!" I heard Danielle laughing behind me.

I turned around to see Smitty and Austin running after me, Danielle in tow trying but unsuccessfully shooting at nothing. I rounded the corner and hid behind the curtains that made a make shift barrier in the room breathing heavy.  It seemed like an eternity and I couldn't believe that the boys were not in here yet.

I took a deep breath and looked around the corner to see a smiling Austin and Smitty ready for me to escape. I stepped out and took a shot to only be hit by both of their guns at once. I picked mine back up and took a shot at Austin hitting him square in the chest.