Chapter 5

I looked at him and bit my lip as I tried to hide my smile. Never in my life did I think anyone would tell me they were addicted to me. Sure this man was drinking heavily all night long, but hearing those words leave his mouth gave me butterflies. 

He pulled me back into him as his soft lips melted with mine as he sweetly bit on my bottom lip before pulling away. 

"So beautiful," he said with a smile as he took me in. 

The car came to a halt as he quickly put another kiss on my lips before the driver opened up the door. He slid out and extended his hand as he helped me out of the car. 

He had his hand on my lower back as we walked towards the hotel entrance. We walked through the revolving door and I was headed towards the elevators when I felt him tug on my hand. 

"We're going this way Lexa, the party isn't over just yet," he said with a chuckle as I rolled my eyes. 

"But its 3:30 in the morning," I said with a laugh. 

He pulled me in close as he whispered in my ear. 

"Don't worry we can play again soon." 

I felt my whole entire body flush red as he grabbed my hand and walked us into the conference room of the hotel. 

There were so many people there and I felt my anxiety course through me. He looked over in my direction as he laughed and squeezed my hand. I relaxed slightly feeling his reassurance. 

"I thought you would never make it" Adam slurred as he came over to Austin with a Bud Light in his hand. 

He dropped my hand as he pulled two cigarettes from the pack of Camel's in his back pocket. He placed one on his ear as he sparked the other lit and blew out  a thick cloud of smoke. 

He ran his hands through his hair "yeah we may have taken the long way" he said as  his eyes slanted down to meet mine.

I swear I saw his cheeks turn the lightest shade of red, but it could've just been the lighting. 

I nervously stood next to him trying not to let my anxiety show as Adam was trying to grill him about the car ride home. So I was thankful when someone came over and grabbed me by my arm. 

"You might not want to stand around for this conversation," she laughed as she yanked me over to the corner. 

"I'm Alisha," she smiled. "And you are?" she raised her eye brows at me but her face remained unreadable.

"Lexa, but you can call me Lex," I said as I shook her hand. 

"Well Lex, first let's get you something to drink," she said as we walked over to the make shift bar and she grabbed me a beer. 

"I hope you like Bud Light," she said as she handed it to me. "If not your out of luck since that is all Austin drinks"

I grabbed it from her hand with a smile, "no this is great, thanks" I said looking around nervously. 

"So you came with Austin," she said smiling at me. 

I nodded my head shyly. I was slightly embarrassed showing up to the hotel after party with Austin. I'm sure people were already making accusations, and I knew I was only his one night stand. 

She took a swig of her beer, "Thank God. I'm glad he didn't choose one of those other girls he was talking to. You can totally tell that they were just trying to get in his pants," she laughed. 

I felt my face flush as I nervously took a sip of my beer. 

"Oh totally, I'm sure he gets that all the time though," I laughed.