Chapter 9

"Lexa can I ask you a question?"

After staring at him for what felt like way too long I finally found my voice to answer.

"Sure," I smiled at him sweetly.

"I know your busy trying to get a start on your career and even more importantly I know I just met you 7 hours ago, but you are seriously the most beautiful and genuine girl I have met."

I rolled my eyes playfully as I started to chuckle.

"You wouldn't be saying that if I didn't lose control of myself not once but twice within those 7 hours," I said as I playfully poked his chest.

He had a huge smile on his face as he wrapped his arms around my petite frame and re-positioned me in his lap.

"I can't lie, I really wasn't expecting that from you. It was a welcomed surprise," he said as he leaned in and gave me a soft passionate kiss.

"But you are wrong. I would still think you are the most beautiful and genuine girl I've met even if nothing happened between us" he said staring into my eyes with a serious expression.

I looked back at him returning his serious gaze.

"But would I still be here with you right now, or would it all have ended at the bar with a flash of that beautiful smile of yours as I watched you walk out of my life as quick as you came in..."

Jesus Lex, why don't you just pull your heart out of your chest and give it to him. Can you act any more desperate?

He pushed a stray piece of hair behind my ear as his hand slid softly down the side of my face.

"Please don't take what I say out of context Lexa, but I do need to tell you that normally my goal is to find the hottest girl I can find, bring her back with me, have my way with her and send her on her way before I even get a chance to know her name"

I stared down at my hands that were resting on our laps as I processed the information he was telling me. I knew this was the way things happened in his life, but hearing it come directly from his mouth validated it so much.

I nodded my head slightly as I placed my hands on his chest and pushed myself off of his lap and re-positioned myself next to him. I looked over at him trying to contain the wave of emotion that suddenly took over my body.

Why are you getting so upset Lexa, you knew that this was his lifestyle.

I looked over at him as I took in a shaky breath.

"I know that that is your lifestyle, and I'm not judging you. I get it. You have needs that you need met. You are constantly traveling, having a constant girl by your side I'm sure is hard to find." I said as I got off of the bed and headed over towards the couch that faced the window.

"So you go and look for someone who is exactly what you are looking for in that moment and you bring her back. You don't have to worry about getting to know her, you don't have to worry about breaking her heart and you don't have to worry about leaving her," I said feeling the tears well up in my eyes suddenly feeling glad that I wasn't sitting next to him.

I don't know why this was affecting me this much. I literally just met Austin a few hours ago at work, but there was something about him that I couldn't shake. He was right, just like I was a drug that he was addicted to, I felt the same about him.

Talking to him didn't feel like something strange, I felt like I was talking to someone I knew my whole life but had just lost contact with for a few years. Not to mention the fact that I completely lost myself with him which was a huge sign to me that I felt 100% comfortable with this man.