Chapter 7

Austin's POV

I watched as Danielle took Lexa over to have a chat with her as I walked over with Smitty to play one last game of pong.

"Dude, what the hell is happening to you?" Smitty laughed as he cracked open a beer.

I knew immediately a game of pong wasn't going to happen, but strangely I was okay with that.

I ran my hand through my hair as I looked at him and finally shrugged my shoulders in the end.

"I don't know man, I just can't get enough of her" I said as I took a drink of my beer.

"Well that's pretty damn obvious. I could tell she was different for you since the moment you saw her at the club," Smitty said as he took a sip of his beer.

"There is just something about her. I was talking to Danielle tonight and I was telling her that I have to get to know this girl. Just looking into her eyes I can tell she is the most genuine person that I have ever met, you can tell that she has a kind soul" I said with a smirk knowing how weird it sounded to be having a conversation like this with Smitty.

He laughed as he shook his head, "man you got it bad" he said.

My eyes drifted over as I caught Lexa staring at me from her spot with Danielle. I shot her a small smile and a wink before I gave my full attention back to Smitty.

"What are your plans man? I mean I don't mean to be rude, but is this just a one nighter for you? Looking at her she doesn't seem like that kind of girl, but seeing the two of you at the club I had second thoughts," he said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

I took a long sip of my beer as I thought about my answer. I looked over at her as she sat laughing with Danielle on the couch. She was one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen in a long time, and she seemed genuine. What you see is what you get with her. She wasn't fake like most girls.

Not to mention she had a wild side that I fucking loved more than anything in the world. I never would have expected her to act the way she did in the club and definitely not in the car on the way here. Everything about her drove me crazy, and I couldn't just have her for a night and move on.

I shook my head, "no man I don't think so, at least not for me" I said as my eyes shot back to him.

"She's sweet, she's fucking beautiful and she's got a fucking wild side that turns me the fuck on more than ever," I laughed as the thoughts of her in the car started to give me a boner.

Smitty laughed as he nodded his head.

"Well then man if you want my advice, then maybe you shouldn't do the deed tonight like you normally would. That would just be a sign to her that she's out of here tomorrow morning before you can even say thanks."

I felt my face flush. If only Smitty knew, but I couldn't share that with him. I would never do that to her. After seeing how embarrassed she got when Adam broke us up at the club, I could never let anyone else know what happened between us in the car. That would be our little secret. 

"Yeah your right man. I really didn't even get a chance to talk to her much" I said as I finished off my Bud Light.

"Didn't you have the whole car ride here with her to talk?" Smitty asked me confused.

"Well yeah, but we were kissing quite a bit," I said quickly running my hands through my hair.

Careful idiot, you almost had to spill the fucking details.

"Maybe you should use whatever time you have before the both of you pass the fuck out in the room to actually talk and get to know her," he laughed.

I nodded my head at him as a smirk spread across his face.

"What the fuck are you laughing at man"

"Me telling you not to mess around with her. That is totally not how our conversations normally go," he said still laughing.

I pulled the cigarette from behind my ear and sparked it lit inhaling deeply before blowing out a cloud of smoke.

"I can't disagree with you," I laughed.

"I have a serious question for you though man. We have tomorrow here and then Monday morning we get on the road early to head to Hershey. What the hell are you going to do?"

I knew that that was going to be a problem and I pushed it from my mind not wanting to think of it. Here I was getting caught up in a girl that I didn't even know and literally just met, when I was leaving to carry on with my life on Monday.

Either I'm fucking stupid or something was supposed to happen between us.

"I don't know man, see how the rest of my time goes and maybe ask her to come with me..." I said as I looked up at him taking a long pull of my cigarette.

I knew it was bizarre and I could tell by the look on Smitty's face that he agreed with me.

"And what if she says no?

I shrugged my shoulders. "Then I guess she says no, and I have no choice but to move on with my life and she moves on with hers" I said looking back over at her.

Fuck I hope if it comes to that that she agrees.

Smitty put his hand on my shoulder as we made our way over towards the girls. "Just try your best to keep your hands to yourself and get to know her before you make any decisions. She's a sweet girl and I like her, I think she would be fun to be around. I just don't want you making this decision with your other head like you have in the past."

I rolled my eyes and laughed at him sarcastically as we approached the girls.

-----------

"Hey ladies Austin and I are ready to call it a night," Smitty said as he held his hand out and helped Danielle off the couch.

I watched as she embraced Lexa in a hug as she gave her a smile and a wink before turning her attention to us.

"Night Austin, it was so nice getting to know Lexa. You are so right, she is a beautiful person inside and out."

I felt my cheeks flush as I looked down at Lexa who had a small smile form on her face.

"Night Dani, night Smitty see y'all tomorrow" I said as I turned my attention back towards Lexa.

I held my hand out to her as I helped pull her off the couch. I placed a piece of her stubborn brown hair behind her ear as I drug my knuckles softly down her face. I put my free hand on her lower back as I pulled her closer to me.

I placed my forehead on hers as I stared into her golden brown eyes before I softly connected our lips together.

I pulled apart from her slowly as I grabbed her hand and laced our fingers together.

"Come on Lexa, you have got to be tired lets go get some rest" I said to her as we started walking out towards the door.

She leaned in and put her head on my arm as her other hand rested on top of our entangled fingers as we made our way to the elevators in the lobby. I pushed the button to call for the elevator as I turned to face her wrapping both my arms around her and putting a kiss on her head.

We walked into the elevator and I pressed the button for the top floor. I wrapped my arms back around her as she looked up at me and put a small kiss on my lips.

"Austin?"

"Hmmm?" I asked as she laid her head back on my chest.

"What's going to happen after tonight?"